Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Reverse camber anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHiLi DaWg
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Huntington, IN

PostPosted: Feb 13, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reverse camber anyone? Reply with quote

I'm looking into some of the "lower priced" rev camber boards.
Ride- Crush
Rome- Garage
Capita- Can't remember the name

Anyways, are they all they are cracked up to be?

supermanotorious
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Phoenix

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reverse camber is called rocker, rocker is very forgiving in scenarios where you would catch an edge, they're not the best for park riding though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gotama176
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There actually is reverse camber, rocker is a different "type" of reverse camber. You also have Amptek from Rossi, V rocker from Burton, ect, ect.

The Crush is a great board and another one you might want to consider for park is the Word Wide Weapon from K2. If your a little apprehensive about going to a fully rockered board, the Trickstick from Rossignol still has some traditional camber under foot due to their "Amptek".

As far as park on a rockered board, it's great, easy butters, manuals, presses, quick release out of turns and of course the relaxed feel of the board. The board still has your standard side cut so once up on edge you can get plenty of energy out of the board, ect. I think K2 only had one (Bleiler's EcoPop) non rockered board in their entire line up!

Good Luck, lots of great choices out there.

CHiLi DaWg
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotama176 wrote:
There actually is reverse camber, rocker is a different "type" of reverse camber. You also have Amptek from Rossi, V rocker from Burton, ect, ect.

The Crush is a great board and another one you might want to consider for park is the Word Wide Weapon from K2. If your a little apprehensive about going to a fully rockered board, the Trickstick from Rossignol still has some traditional camber under foot due to their "Amptek".

As far as park on a rockered board, it's great, easy butters, manuals, presses, quick release out of turns and of course the relaxed feel of the board. The board still has your standard side cut so once up on edge you can get plenty of energy out of the board, ect. I think K2 only had one (Bleiler's EcoPop) non rockered board in their entire line up!

Good Luck, lots of great choices out there.

LOL, too many choices! Forgot about K2, gonna check their website out.

JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the guys I ride my local hill with has the K2 WWW. I rode it a couple times, good jib/butter noodle. Granted that was a 155 and I weigh 230, so was small for me. Some of the hybrids look interesting, but since I ride ice pretty much all the time, I think I'll stick with my stiffer cambered board.

For some insight into the different characteristics on RC in all it's forms check this article http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/?p=4397

CHiLi DaWg
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffreyCH, Thanks man! Good read Smile
JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you poke around his site, he's probably reviewed all the boards you are looking at. The dude rides everything and doesn't pull any punches in his reviews, if it sucks he'll say so. Wink
CHiLi DaWg
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it really pisses me off that there has to be 20 catch names for rocker patterns. Half the companies out there have a cool name for it, but don't explain it.
kartman
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: meridian, Idaho

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ride a rome anthem ss. it is a hybrid cambered board. i dont think i can go back to a normal one. it locks onto edge on the ice and pack, and floats like nobody's business in the white powder.
marcg
Addict
Addict

City: Salt Lake City

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride a Lib Tech Skate Banana with Magna Traction edges, 159 CM.
I use it for all mountain and it works great!!!!!
Rocker design rides so amazingly good you'll have a hard time going back to a regular camber.
They track/carve so much better on the groomers/hardpack, in the powder the nose lifts effortlessly, not much need for set back. I find you can go a bit shorter on length with these.
SpellingIsFun

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocker is reverse camber: Lib's Banana, etc.
There is rocker and camber, which is rocker between the bindings, camber to the tip and tail: Never Summer R&C, Lib Tech's B2 (or whatever)
There is zero camber: I want to say Stepchild and someone else...
Rossignol has AmpTek which is camber between the bindings, rocker to the tip and tail.
Bataleon has their own schtick going where it's rockered, but also the base is shaped differently... I don't know. Look it up.

Rocker boards are great for park. They aren't so stable at high speeds.
The hybrid boards (Never Summer and Lib, etc) are kind the fix for that. They have the pop and jib feel of a rocker board with the great edge hold and stability of a cambered board.

I have been riding Never Summer for three years now. I love it. I own two of their boards. The stiffer board I use for pow and speed. The other board is shorter, and it's my freestyle and park board.

All that said, the Ride Crush is a great board. I rode Aspen just over a month ago with my bf and his buddy, and his buddy (who teaches freestyle at Aspen) was riding the Crush. He had just bought it and loved it. We rode everything from park to steeps to hard pack to pow to trees.
neverwinter
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a really cool board from high society. it is a hybrid board and I love it. High Society started in aspen and as they got bigger they relocated further towards denver. Awesome company, awesome board!

http://www.highsocietyfreeride.com/snowboards_twilight.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: