Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Wetsounds vs. KMT60

View previous topic :: View next topic  
masscj7

City: Holyoke

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Wetsounds vs. KMT60 Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I come from the car audio realm, been there for about ten years, everything from remote starts to custom fiberglass enclosures. I have definitley learned over the years that you get what you pay for. Also though, that what sounds good to the general public, might not sound good too me.

I've always had the philosphy that if you can't hear the difference in sound for the difference in price or you cannot justify that additional cost of the additional performance why spend the money.

With all that said, what are peoples thoughts on the Wetsounds products, particulary a pair or 485s or a 3-Some, versus a pair of KMT60s from Kicker. My dilemma is that I have access to Kicker at cost due to my being in the industry. With Wetsounds, I do not. Thus, is the substantial discount on the Kicker stuff out weigh potential performance gains with the WetSounds.

This is good winter time discussion material as we have 4 feet of snow on the ground up here in the northeast and season is a long ways away. Very Happy
wetsounds1
Criminal
Criminal

City: austin

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masscj7.

The 485 and 3-Some are true pro audio HLCD speakers. With horn loaded compression drivers and high powered mid bass drivers. The KMT6 is a great entry level tower speaker but it is car audio based with a conventional tweeter mounted to a horn flare. The KMT 6 is a 6.5 inch speaker so each pod has two 6.5 inch speakers and one 3/4 inch tweeter. The PRO 485 has dual 8 inch speakers with a large compression driver. (the magnet off the compression driver is as large as most 10 inch subwoofers) So the output is insane.

The best thing to do is shoot me an email. Maybe we have a dealer near you that can do a demo so you can hear them in person and then make a call on what works best for you.

Tim
Wet Sounds
twhite@wetsounds.com
NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NKC

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ work with Tim, hes a good guy provides a very good product Mr. Green
masscj7

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,
Thank you for the response. I'm sure the WetSounds product is very good. I actually called your company last week and spoke to a rep. I will actually email you some feedback about that experience, as there was some things that were kind of strange with the call from a customer experience.

As far as soliciting responses, I did talk to two guys who work pretty much exclusively in the car audio industry and had some install experience with the KMT60's versus standard car udio equipment and he said it was no contest, that the KMT60's blow away traditional equipment. So I'm kind of back to my original question, can the jump in performance to WetSound product justify the cost difference.

Mind you I'm a guy that has a fixed budget and just drools and dreams about the rides that you see in the galleries on WetSounds Shocked ... I'm certainly doing something wrong in life... oh yeah, rent, car payment, boat payment, insurance, food, etc Mr. Green
bjeremi
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Owasso

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masscj7, I have owned both the KMT60's and now have some Krypt HLCD's. I can tell you that if your on a budget the KMT60's will do. The HLCD's like wetsounds really do sound THAT much better though, the difference is amazing. I remember the first time I rode behind a friends boat that had a single pair of pro 80's, it was very nice "HOLY $H!T" moment.

I am not an acoustic god by any means but my best way to describe the difference is this: When you get in your car and turn on your stereo you can hear the music perfectly and its sounds good, even at a lower volume. If you want it louder you just turn it up, still sounds good (if you have a decent system in your car LOL). Thats how these HLCD type speakers are on the boat. You can hear them perfectly at the end of the rope just like your at a concert.

The KMT6's on the other hand are like trying to turn your car stereo up to a high enough volume so you can hear it 80 feet a way. Sure your going to hear it but it's not going to sound as good as your like and you have to have them cranked all the time to hear them.

Sorry if that doesn't make the best sense that's just the best way I can describe it.

If you get kicker stuff at cost why don't you go with the KM6500.2 (KICKER Brand) speaker system which is a true HLCD system? Also could check ebay for some cheap prices on Krypt stuff.

All boils down to your budget though and if the KMT6's are what you can afford I think you will like them just fine.
bjeremi
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Owasso

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In short though, if you can afford it "yes" the difference does justify the cost.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wetsounds = Amazing
Skywalker022
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Tuscaloosa

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wetsounds is better than Popeyes chicken! And we all know Popeyes chicken is the Shiznit!!
j4rowell

City: Kalamazoo

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skywalker022 wrote:
Wetsounds is better than Popeyes chicken! And we all know Popeyes chicken is the Shiznit!!

Yup
hot wyrd

City: DENVER

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masscj7,

Before last year I had a pair of fusion t-combos that used diamond audio components. I researched about every manufacturer out there before settling on a single pait of pro 80's. I powered them with a great JL audio amp that delivers 300 watts RMS to each speaker. Holy cow the sound is absolutely unmatched to anything I have ever heard! The other cool thing is that they can be up loud as hell and not blow you out of the boat because of how they throw the sound. The music is crystal clear at any volume and they look killer! I just bought a 420 equalizer to cap off my system. Yes, they are pricey but great things usually are.
masscj7

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys and I've been speaking to Tim about the product. I think I'll be saving up for a 3-Some and a Synch 6.
masscj7

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, wanted to give an update.

I've now purchased a Sync 6, 3-Some, and Wi420 and all I can say is WOW!. I've yet to hook the equipment up, but just upon visual inspection, the equipment is diesel!!

Great fit and finish, and ridiculously over built!! I cannot wait to start hooking it up, but still getting all the components trickling as the paychecks come.

Sych 1 is due in next week. Gotta order a couple of Kinetic HC2400 in about 2 weeks. Then I should be good to go.

Tim, thanks for trading all the long emails!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: