Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Buying wakeskate shoes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
c-boy
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Brampton, Ontario

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Buying wakeskate shoes Reply with quote

Looking for a couple good sites to buy some wakeskate shoes. living in canada has ruined my shopping experience.
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some of the Reef, Dekade and a few of the limited DVS skate shoes at boardstop. We are a little low on inventory right now since winter is coming here is Texas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
cwb2011

City: bogart

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: wakeskate shoes Reply with quote

first of all i am a 100% noob to wakeskating for christmas i got a cwb 2011 onset. i have wakeskated for probly 10 hours but on a body glove with a foam top, so i didnt wear shoes. Do they make shoes that are just for wakeskating, like waterproof and drain fast if so what are the best? and what is your input on nike 6.0's? Question
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can wear regular skate shoes. with the onset it has grip tape on the top so you need some shoes..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
cwb2011

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok that makes that a lot easier, thanks. you think i can learn anything in one season
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwb2011, You can definitely learn a lot in a season. Just remember, wakeskating is a challenge. Don't get frustrated, and stick with it! Most importantly, have fun, try new things, and you'll probably surprise yourself with the progression you see when you're just having fun with it.

If you can, pick up a skateboard and start learning some basics on that for the times you can't get out on the water. Knowing how to ollie a skateboard or do a shuvit on a skateboard will help a TON.
cwb2011

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can ollie, shuvit, and kickflip a skateboard. Kickflip i can only land like 1/10 but working on it. Is it possible to surface shuvit, or will the board grip and take off the other way?
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwb2011, You can do surface shuvs (especially without fins on the board) but don't get comfortable with those. Try and pop it at least a little, it will keep you from developing bad habits as you progress (not to mention, it'll give you a better style!)
cwb2011

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im just saying for timing, how long do you think it will take to learn to ollie?
skye120
Criminal
Criminal

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can already get up and somewhat ride around by hearing your skating backgroud i dont think its crazy for you to be able to ollie your first DAY. maybe not your first sesh but if you keep trying i think its very possible. Might not be big but i think you could pull one off thats if you can already get up and just ride cause the feel on the water is a huge differance than a regular skateboard, but like gnarshredd said just have fun. If you dont pull an ollie your first time out thats cool just get comfortable. you want to set goals but just remember your doing it to have a good time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: