Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

simer and TSUNAMI PUMP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stang7tl
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Hobe Sound

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: simer and TSUNAMI PUMP Reply with quote

ok so I am trying to decide which to install in my boat for the cheaps but yet good setup. Yea I know I am a pain in the ass LOL
so what I am think and would like to know if it will work is
to install 2 tsunami pumps in the back/out by the transom for filling
then use 1-2 other pumps to drain
as far as priming goes I am hoping that since they are under the boat and water line they will have water in them?
and draining wise was hoping that the lower drain plug when attached to a hose to the pump that the water will fill till it hits the pump where it will stop till the pump is turned on for draining?
SIMER pump
can I use 1 simer pump to fill the sacs and drain and can the pump just be hooked to the lower drain for filling & drain?
then later i would add another when funds are available
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Oct 07, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a lot of experience with Tsunami's in a mounted application, but I know they can be a pain to prime being used as a portable pump.

I can speak the the Simer though. The Simer pump works well and you don't have to worry about priming. You do have to concern yourself with placement. Don't put it in the bilge where it is subject to gas fumes. You could set the Simer up with a thru hull fitting and hose to the remote location you mount it. Then you could have a coil of hose connected to it that you could manually connect up to your bags, one at a time. You could even wire up a fill drain switch so it becomes sort of a semi-automatic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: