Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

W2W 360 tips

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LopsidedMidget

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: W2W 360 tips Reply with quote

I'm pretty much feeling comfortable nailing W2W 180s and all that jazz. I feel like it's time to step it up. I am gonna try out some 3s this friday when I head to the lake. Any suggestions on proper form, or things to keep in mind when I give it a shot are definitely welcome and appreciated! I have learned a ton from everyone in this forum and more than appreciate the spills you have all saved me from taking, even if I still manage some pretty epic ones. lol
hawkster0001
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: GR

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, i havent lande my 3 yet, so can be much of help, but remember to keep the handle right about the bottom of your rib cage, and spin with the handle not your body, blah blah blah, and try not to fall, i havent had good experiences with 3's Puppy Eyes
LopsidedMidget

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely appreciate the advice. Are you able to do surface 360s? I can get those without a problem any time of the day. I am just curious about how different the handle positioning is..
hawkster0001
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: GR

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never tried surface three, tried them off of double ups, but the only thing i can think of being differnte on a surface three would be that you have to lean more, i would suggest if y ou have a tramp, even a small excersize one and tie a rop to somthing and try them. ive done the surface 3 on a surfboard but thats a bit different
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LopsidedMidget, It's a very simlar motion to a surface 3. Just pretend you're trying to jam the handle in the back pocket of your shorts.

A HUGE thing I notice with people is that they try to spin way too early off of the wake. You should be completely released from the wake before you pull the handle. This will help keep everything in control, on-axis, and ensure that you get the best pop off the wake.

Also remember, your body will follow your head, so commit to it and look where you're going on the spin.

Try a few and see how they feel, just remember to pop, wait, then throw the trick.

Have you done Switch TS Backside 180's yet inside-out? It's not necessary, but it can help get you used to landing blind from the FS360 and would be a good fundamental to have under your belt.
LopsidedMidget

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gnar, I really appreciate the advice. I haven't tried those 180's yet, but will definitely give them a try. To be honest, my toeside jumps are still pretty weak.. I can consistently get most things heel side, but toeside is rough. I'll try those inside out 1's and let you know how it works out. I'm also gonna give some ollie 1's in the blind a shot Razz May as well try as much as possible with the season coming to an end. lol
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LopsidedMidget, They're just really good fundamentals to have under your belt. There's not reason you should master those first before you can land a 3 (especially if you want to nail it before the end of your season), but definitely come back to them and learn them when you can. It will help A TON in the long-run.
neverwinter
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow the boat down to about 20-22 and practice some 1 wake 3's first!!! Make sure you go up, then rotate! 'On axis' can be confusing...to look at it in a still you are actually leaning a little bit away from the boat, remember the rope wants to pull you in that direction so you need to compensate for that.

learnwake.com has an awesome interactive step by step for the hsfs3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: