Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

struggling w/ hs bs 1's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slidin_out
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pearl

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: struggling w/ hs bs 1's Reply with quote

trying to follow the progression on learnwake, however when just trying the bs 1 on the surface behind the boat i can't seem to find the correct position to get the handle in close to my lower back, it always pulls way out away from my body, am i leaning too much? should i bend more at the waist? it's really starting to pi$$ me off so any help would be appreciative, thought i would try just skipping the progression and going w2w with it, DO NOT want to learn that way because it didn't turn out too well
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah your leaning too much.
i simply look down at the board, and rotate/pass.
you dont need much lean, just enough to keep an edge from catching and thats like 1" you can do that at your ankles.

i cut out hard, let off, wait for the rope to go loose, look at my board and make the rotation just before the rope gets tight again.

Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Pearl

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aight, now i know how to fix that problem, thx!
hawkster0001
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: GR

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent landed my 3 yet, but havent tried 180, wheni first start to do them, i try to carve out on my heels, towards some double ups, ollie off the waves and try the spin from there, do those a couple times before you try w2w, i took a hard fall on a under rotated three and caught my backside edge out in the flats from w2w, and im basically waiting for snowboard season to do spins, but def, give a couple different lower impact ways first. then w2w, once you think your ready, and remember to look over the shoulder of the way your tryin to spin, and use the rope to spin you, not your body.
neverwinter
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Sep 13, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkster0001 wrote:
im basically waiting for snowboard season to do spins

What does that mean? spinning on a snowboard (you initiate the spin with your upper body) and spinning on a wakeboard ( use the handle) are very very different things.

I can spin 540's no problem on a snowboard in the pipe but still not landed hs fs 5's wakeboarding.

The only 2 things the sports(wakeboarding behind a boat) have in common is that they both have toe side and heelside edges you don't want to catch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: