Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Front Roll/Back Roll Rotation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Magoo

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Front Roll/Back Roll Rotation Reply with quote

I cannot seem to get any rotation into my backroll, to the point i am landing on my side in the middle of the wakes. Yet trying frontrolls i can get 3/4's of the way round. Does anybody have any tips on how to throw more rotation into my backroll?
mgs917
Addict
Addict

City: Spartanburg

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the backroll you need to...

1. progressive edge into the wake
2. edge all the way up the wake, do not come off your edge
3. at the top of the wake push your back foot down and look over your lead shoulder. (I ride regular, this means I would push my right foot down and look over my left shoulder).

This should help you achieve more rotation. This is what I saw on "Detention 2012" and it has helped me in my attempting to learn the backroll.

Just as a disclaimer I have not landed my backroll yet, but I am very close. I will post a video when I land it. Hopefully it will be by the end of the summer, that was my goal at the beginning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: