Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Any kind people out there with Monster MT1 or DIYwake Swoop?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taitrt
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Any kind people out there with Monster MT1 or DIYwake Swoop? Reply with quote

I'm trying to decide between the DIYWake Swoop tower: and the monster MT1.

I like the way that both of them look, and I like that the swoop is $300 less. But both of those considerations take the backseat to my biggest selling feature: Ease of putting the tower up and down.

I store my boat next to my house in a fenced off area (fenced on all 4 sides). My home owners association is CRAZY. They know the boat is there and have essentially told me that if they can ever see any part of the boat from the road that I will be fined (fines are $50, then $100, then $150, etc.). I've already been fined once when I forgot to put my bimini down, and I really don't want any more.

My question is this: Can any of you kind helpful people take a couple of pictures (or a video would be friggin sweet) of what is involved in taking down and putting up each of these towers? Both of the websites essentially just say it's easy, but neither gives much detail after that.

It looks like the swoop might require an allen wrench, but the MT1 might have a hand screw, or maybe even a quick release? Any help would be appreciated.
metalic_era
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No experience with the DIY but just had a MT1 installed a couple months ago and love it. We stor our boat in the garage and have to drop the tower and it's simple unscrew 2 knobs (no tools) and it's down less than 2 minutes and up in the same. They say to tighten the bolts frequently but i do it every time I raise it just to make sure it doesn't loosen and the joints are aluminum and if there loose they move and will egg shape the holes so better safe than sorry take 5 and snug all bolts. I hope this helps
MONSTERMAN

City: Maryville

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taitrt - If you go to the bottom of the page that you linked to for the Monster MT1 you can see how the tower folds down. Simply remove the two hand knobs on the front legs, fold the tower back, and cross the front legs over like a pair of sunglasses.

Checking the bolts for tightness every time out no matter what tower you have on your boat is highly recommended! You can also use some loctite threadlocker on the bolts for extra security if you want.

hawkster0001
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: GR

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the looks of it to fold down the swoop tower you have to remove the screws that go into the fiberglass of the boat, which is somthing i wouldnt want to mess with, and it kinda has this slip in design for the front bar to attach to the rear bar, and that could get stuck or whatever, the monster looks better, just pull the screws on the front bars.
metalic_era
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster is easy
The bolts that connect the front legs to the top section come loose every time i fold it. One side is comes loose going down and the other going back up. I bought socket allens and a set of wrenches (Metric) to keep in boat and it takes 2 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: