Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

SKATEBOARDING AND WAKESKATING

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakeboarding

City: weatherford

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: SKATEBOARDING AND WAKESKATING Reply with quote

Skateboarding was the first board sport I tried to undertake, Wakeskating was the fourth. By the time I got to the Wakeskate, I really felt like I was a decent boarder, and could take those skills to all board types. Man was I wrong….The whole concept of being pulled by something was foreign to me, and I quickly learned that skateboarding is your “best friend and Worst enemy” on the wakeskate. My experience on the skateboard only helped me out by knowing the basic motions of the tricks I already knew on a skateboard. The motions, while similar, all have a different center of gravity due to the fact that you are being (most of the time by things 20x heavier than the human body).
If you take the time to get the feel of your edges, and get comfortable on the water, than the skateboard tricks can be more useful. This is due to the fact that you will then understand what makes the skateboard and wakeskate ride different, and thus, be able to think through the skateboard tricks you know and understand what you have to change about the skateboard trick motion to take it to the water.
Although learning new tricks isn’t usually easy, if you have a good comfort level with board control, and an understanding of this new feeling of being pulled; taking tricks from the skateboard to the water will be that much easier.
Keep riding everyone!!!!
Wakeskating and Wakeboarding are a lifestyle.... Not Just a hobby or career!!!!!!!

http://legitwake.com
http://twitter.com/legitwake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: