Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

w2w HS 360 and Flip Video

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasG8

City: McAllen, Tx.

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: w2w HS 360 and Flip Video Reply with quote

Here is the video of the HS 360:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP247uG9kHA

Here is the video of the Flip: (This was the first try.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rj07GhUHAA

Tell me what you think. Those were done with a cheap $20 rope and handle. I can't wait to go back out with the new rope and handle next week when the river level drops back to normal.
lucas365

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo I'm still not completely consistent with 360's but this looks like a classic example of what happens when you try to spin by throwing your body instead of using the line to help you more. When I was learning 3's, I would try just this and I would maybe be able to land the 3 but never with the rope. If you wait to start the spin until just after you launch off the wake you will probably have more success (that's what works for me, anyways). If you're not used to using the line to spin, try doing some ollie 180's. You don't even have to throw your body at all, if you just get a descent height ollie and tug with your back arm, let your body spin, and the boat basically does all the work for you. The 3 is similar but it takes a little more strength and of course you have to pass the handle.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that flip if you would have just held on with both hands you most likely would have landed it.
sparkysparks9
Criminal
Criminal

City: North Bend

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lucas...On the 360, it looks like you are throwing your body which throws you off axis....just give a good pull to your right hip and pass the handle....
TexasG8

City: McAllen, Tx.

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will try that. Also we just got a new coated spectra rope and new handle. So that should help some also since we were wakeboarding with a very cheap ski rope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: