Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Front Roll Attempt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhackedRampage
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Front Roll Attempt Reply with quote

I tried a front roll last weekend and actually got a lot closer than I thought I would. I only attempted it 4 times before it got too dark, but here is a small video of one of my attempts:

http://www.facebook.com/v/10150235575935304

Any suggestions? I had the handle in my hands for a couple of seconds when I landed, but I slid out and lost it.

Thanks
kriggs
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Palm Beachhh give me a pull.

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try edging a little bit harder at the beginning and make sure you really trip the wake and wait for pop. Just stay tucked and you'll see the landing come around. The trick is just waiting to get that pop then staying tucked.
WhackedRampage
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, yeah it almost looks like I'm jumping into the rotation instead of allowing the wake to trip me into it. I'm definitely gonna try edging harder and actually wait for the pop like you said.

Thanks for the tips Very Happy.
Enygma
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell your driver he isn't turning the boat around properly. When he nails it and power turns like that it send a wake all the way across the whole lake. A few turns like this can turn a glass lake into complete chop from only 1 boat. Believe me, my buddy does it all the time but he doesn't understand when I tell him to stop.

You want to pull the throttle back and wait for your own wake to hit the back of the boat, then basically idle through the turn. Make the wake as small as possible.

When theres still a rider I try to turn around towards shore so all my wakes just disperse on the ground and then pass through my old wake at a 90 angle, then go straight through my original path. This means a clean lake for the wakeboarder at all times.
brichter14
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enygma is right, power turning after a rider falls is the biggest mistake a wakeboat driver can make..

when someone falls... just throttle back, wait for your rollers to pass then turn around and idle back to your rider.

WhackedRampage
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I'll let him know (it's my dad that's driving). He's stubborn, but I'll try and tell him to do what you guys said haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: