Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Hows my W2W look?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctb6970

City: Wilmington/Winston Salen

PostPosted: Jul 02, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Hows my W2W look? Reply with quote

Just been working on my w2w.

I don't have a tower on my boat, its a Chaparral 204ssi, and I don't feel like I can get much more air. Of course I'm using a regular ski line, and usually the wake is alot cleaner, similar to the second picture.

I'll see if I can attach more of me cutting and getting off the wake but that will be later.

In this one I just was pulling my legs up to grab, I'm typically pretty good at standing up on the wake.
[/img]
shaggyboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: ft. laud.... hook me up with a pull

PostPosted: Jul 03, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy blast from the past I remember when my best friend had just gotten that board and was super stoked because he ordered the model before it and they sent him the new one (at the time). From the setup your workin with that looks pretty good. You might be able to hold your edge longer because in most of the pics your nose of the board looks like its facing the boat.
hatboy162

City: Winnipeg

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K so i had this problem a while ago too soo pretty much the 2 main problems everyone has is that they go at the wake with a nice hard edge but square off right at the top of the wake which kill they're pop it looks like hat what your doin in theses pics. Also and it looks like your doing this aswell your not supposed to jump at the top of the wake it kills your pop when you jump and suck up your legs to your chest, try just standing up tall at the top and stand tall while in the air. So go to the wake and just ride over while keeping your edge don't jump just like your carving then try jump but only landing in the middle of the wake then carve out as far as you can drift in like 1 foot of so then build up speed till your truckin it at the wake full speed then at the top stand straight you'll either land on the other wake nice and smooth or land in the flats if you have enough speed. Have fun.

-Corey Kraut
ctb6970

City: Wilmington/Winston Salen

PostPosted: Jul 19, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just got a new spectra rope and my new board (2009 Ps3) I was borrowing that board froma friend. I've been working on what youve been mentioning. also I got to run behind a buddy's boat that had a tower and noticed a huge difference in the height. unfortunately I'm still pulling off the tow hook on my boat.

thanks for the help regardless, still have alot to learn. Finally landed a handful of w2w 180s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: