Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

staying on a slider without sliding out the side

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eric mf soler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: LAKE STEVENS

PostPosted: Jul 07, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: staying on a slider without sliding out the side Reply with quote

ok so today I hit my first slider and It was a ride on slider so I would ride on until I was at the top of the incline place and then I would slide off of the side into the water how do you not do this?
GnarShredd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: St Pete.

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's mostly in your approach. You have to find the sweet spot between having an edge that's too mellow or too hard. If you're at a cable, try and follow someone else's path in to the rail. I like to picture the apex of my edge just past the beginning-midway of the slider and just make that kind of an invisible point you're edging for.

If you're getting pulled off early, it's likely that you're starting your edge too early . Wait a little longer before you edge in to the slider.
eric mf soler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: LAKE STEVENS

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I want out and tried that and it seemed to help but I still didn't quite make it all the way to the end. Is the later you edge to it the better? (im riding behind a jetski on my friends homemade rail)
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnarShredd, hit it. When you approach the rail you don't aim straight for it, if you do you'll be pulled off the side. You take an outward cut into the rail. If you're being pulled off the inside of the rail you didn't take a hard enough cut. If you go past and go off the outside of the rail you cut too hard.

Think about it this way: if you approach the rail in a straight line with it, the rope is pulling you back to center. It's going to pull you off the rail. You have to generate outward momentum to keep centered on the rail. The longer the rail and the further off center, the more outward momentum you need to have when you hit it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: