Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

HSFS 360 Help - Soooo close (w/ video)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobmurph
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: May 18, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: HSFS 360 Help - Soooo close (w/ video) Reply with quote

http://vimeo.com/11856845

Rung my bell pretty good on the 2nd one...definitely mild concussion. Haven't attempted this trick in a couple years but started going for them again last week. I've gone for it about 7 or 8 attempts since last Friday when I went for the first one. I actually got the handle on one last friday but just kinda keeled over upon landing. Definitely landing nose heavy, as clearly evidenced by the the first attempt in the video.

I'm close to getting this one...it'll be my first legit trick (attempted plenty of HSBR's and Tantrums but never stuck the landing) and I want it bad.
b33nine
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Salem-ish

PostPosted: May 18, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you coming off your edge at all at the base of the wake? It looks like you're just plowing through, whereas on a 3 it helps to flatten off at the base and take the trick straight up first. It's a bit easier to initiate the spin that way, which would help because you're *just* coming around right as you're hitting the water.

Think of it as kind of gathering yourself up right before you hit the wake.
bobmurph
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 18, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say I'm plowing thru...really focusing on using a pretty light drifting edge and ollie off the wake. I watched it again in slo-mo on my computer and it looks like I'm getting the handle but not letting go with my right hand and it's keeping me cuffed upon landing and rotating just short of the full 360.
zk0ot

City: Keno., Wi

PostPosted: May 18, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you take a split second to start the roto.... and maybe a little bobble with handle...
sit at home and pass things... like the remote or a basket ball... i did that in the off season alot. just passed things behind my back. made things a bit easier.
actually can pass switch 3's way nicer. idk.

also try winding yer shoulders and releasing them as you come off the wake. like a spring give you a head start on that spin.
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: May 19, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zk0ot, Actually most people will tell you to wait to start the spin, and not to start spinning off the wake.
zk0ot

City: Keno., Wi

PostPosted: May 19, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe im still in snowboard mode....
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: May 19, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$10 bucks says with a shorter cut and only taking it one wake, 3/4 of the way to the second wake, says you nail it the first day.
thats Fn huge for learning stage.

Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: May 19, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with stang..

I landed the 4th 3 I ever attempted, it was off a tiny cut one wake but still. Then I instantly tried taking them bigger and did exactly what you are doing. I rotated fine and got the handle, but was getting pulled over and nose diving every one of them. I never landed a single one again and ended up hurting my knee badly midway through last year and it killed my season.

take it small and slower at first. If you haven't, slide some surface 3's and break it down holding slides for a few seconds at each 90 degree increment to get a feel for the handle position and body posture.

dalderman
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Carlsbad

PostPosted: May 20, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. Get it dialed either one-wake or inside-out before taking it w2w.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: May 20, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 3 I landed was behind a jetski. I agree. Pull the rope in shorter and take a smaller cut.
Hsprings99

City: Hot Springs

PostPosted: May 20, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could try it off a roller. First 3 I did was also behind a jetski using another boat's roller as they passed. It's not entirely the same but it will teach you to pull to pass.
bobmurph
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 20, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips, fellas. I'll try taking them smaller next time out...not sure exactly when that will be though. Had a headache since Tuesday after my last fall and just had to leave the gym after my first set cuz I felt a piercing pain in the back of my head into my brain...efffing concussed. Prob just surf til my head gets straight.
bobmurph
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 20, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blindside_137, meant to ask...I definitely feel like the boat is yanking me off axis while I'm passing the handle and it's making me nose dive...what do you do to compensate for the pull of the boat?
RHB

City: Cleveland

PostPosted: May 21, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolly should start taking some lodine for the back....
brichter14
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 27, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobmurph wrote:
Blindside_137, meant to ask...I definitely feel like the boat is yanking me off axis while I'm passing the handle and it's making me nose dive...what do you do to compensate for the pull of the boat?

Lean over your toes and pass the handle under your butt.

cheesewizz
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pull the handle hard as you hit the wake and you'll land em every time worked for me some one on here told me to pull hard to my back after the pop and it's been smooth evey time, never eating it like i used to, man i remember the pain i used to be so freaked out coming in, just remember keep the handle close then pull hard when your in the air and it will keep you on axis promiss
Blindside_137
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Raleigh

PostPosted: Jun 04, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobmurph, sorry this is so late,

but i was taking way to long of a cut, i'd be about 15 feet or so outside the wake and edge in. That, along with rushing my rotation caused me to nosedive.

see my video from 2 years ago here : http://vimeo.com/1382852

Then I hurt my knee so i've been taking things easy this year. gave the fs 360 a break but have since gotten my riding back to normal and attempted the bs 180. after getting my ollies and inside outs consistent. i tried 4 one wake bs 180's with a cut about 2 or 3 feet outside the wake. this way i was getting about a foot of pop (which is really all you need even for a 3) and landed the first 3 one wake attempts. the next day, bam, got it wake to wake.

so just start small, cut out a couple feet and try it one wake first with a longer rope

Crazy4Christ

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to lean back a little bit when your pulling the handle to the small of your back, its just pulling you over cus your standing tall.
rmaytee
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"lean back" You mean forward right? "back" if you mean away from the boat, but you are actually leaning forward, peaking over your toes when the handle is at the small of your back.

Take what I say as a grain of salt regarding this trick, cause I can't land them, but my friends who can, bend over when their body is away from the boat.
craig3x

City: Folsom

PostPosted: Sep 14, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first crash was definitely due to the Tom Petty being played. That won't pump you up.

...And hey, tnR6Rida, can you send me that avatar you're using? I wanna beat off to it, but the pic is too small. Thanks bro
neverwinter
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craig3x wrote:
I think the first crash was definitely due to the Tom Petty being played. That won't pump you up.

beat me to it!

As mentioned above, bring the rope in and omg don't take such a wide cut..i say this often to people, good wakeboarding( unless you are doing a raley based trick or just showing off) is about as going as high as you can, as slow as you can to cross the wakes. it looks like you are a little off axis..pull in and go up first. don't think soley about the spin, think about the handle pass as well!

GL, you'll nail them soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: