Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

New Slider Plastic.... No Screwheads or Crossseams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcroney

City: Marquette

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: New Slider Plastic.... No Screwheads or Crossseams Reply with quote

I'm gonna get this new HDPE slider plastic from these guys at www.RAILWERX.com. They are making here in Marquette, MI

The stuff is called ArmorGrind; its got an aluminum base you screw down then slide the plastic over the screw heads No Screw Heads to mess up your board. And you can get it in coils so you can make up to 65' with NO cross seams.

I wanna make a 48" wide kicker and a 40' coaster box 2'wide for my cottage on Lake Gogebic, MI.
Not a bad price either you can buy it in 6" sections, so you only have to buy as much as you need.

They were cool they helped my calculate how much i needed and now I just have to get my taxes back! Their contact number is (906) 360-7262
Check it out I included a few pics from their website...

They are using it at our ski hill Marquette Mountain for our big wall ride!

wakemads
Criminal
Criminal

City: Sønderborg Denmark

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks nice whats the cost ???
bcroney

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was about $200 for a 4x8 sheet equivalant, so if you made a slider a foot wide, you can make it 48' long, and you can buy it by the foot!
Yeah its a little more than PVC, but I guarantee I wont mess up my board catching a PVC seam

vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for spaming the site we really thank you. Seems overpriced for plastic if you ask me.
wakemads
Criminal
Criminal

City: Sønderborg Denmark

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is way to expensive.
bcroney

PostPosted: Mar 24, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't trying to spam man,
these guys invented this stuff for the ski industry, and just think its sweet , and Applicable to the wakeboard world.
I don't care if you like it or not, but the stuff make sense! No Screws= No messed up boards!

curtblanchette
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Kelowna, British Columbia

PostPosted: Mar 29, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one word. Countersink
Justin@Boardstop

City: Austin

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Railwerx screwless slider top Reply with quote

This material may seem a little expensive, but there are many factors that must be considered as well as the fact that they are currently working on cutting the cost as well as offering complete sliders. The way this material goes together is very simple and effective. We are actually using this company to build our personal rails for Wakeboarder.com's winch park. Once you hit this stuff and see how clean it looks, not to mention that these sliders are going to last for a very long time, I believe it will sell itself. You have to consider when building rails the cost of material, man power, plus wear and tear on your gear. The top piece that Railwerx is putting on their sliders will not be abusing your board near as much as what using composite decking. Trust me, those of you that are spending your money on composite decking..... You know how pricey that is. But imagine if you could purchase a slidable material that is simple and quick to set up and is going to out last wood hands down. Its just a matter of what you are willing to do when it comes time to start building and what you are wanting to build. I personally would not mind spending the extra money to get a product that is going to last and that I can use any time and any where. Don't rule this new idea out yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: