Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

2010 Ronix One vs 2010 Liquid Force PS3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcaseymcclure
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: 2010 Ronix One vs 2010 Liquid Force PS3 Reply with quote

I have been riding the 2006 Liquid Force PS3 and I think its about time I get a new board. I am debating between the new 2010 PS3 and the 2010 Ronix One. The PS3 is cheaper and liquidforce.com also throws in some LF Domain bindings for $50 with the purchase of a PS3. I dont know anything about the Domain right now I am riding the LF Shane close toes. Anyone have any insight on what I should do? Thanks!
hco
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Danbury

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take your older shanes over the domains, and I would probably not buy the board from liquid force directly, but if you really like the shape and feel of your ps3 there isnt much reason to change unless you really feel like testing the water and demoing multiple boards for a few weeks to figure out what shape or what mfg you really prefer. I personally like riding bindings till they absolutely fall apart, assuming that they fit well and are comfortable in the first place.
tcaseymcclure
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: a Reply with quote

aa

Last edited by tcaseymcclure on Jul 19, 2021 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
hco
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Danbury

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are really desiring a new board, I see no reason to change MFG or board type unless you really feel like you are looking for more in a board. If you are really comfortable with your setup and feel that you don't want to experiment much than just buy the 2k10 model of your board. Since 2006 there has been alot of debate of flex vs. non-flex so I personally experimented with some of the flex boards and found that I liked them more than the regular boards. Its all preference, and if you feel like you might want a change then demo some boards and worst comes to worst you buy the 2k10 version.
dav1268
Criminal
Criminal

City: Boston

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been riding the PS3 since 2006 as well and have liked it but this year i decided to try the flex as well. Figured worst comes to worst and I can just go back to my old PS3 and ebay the slingshot. Just thought it was time for a change and this seemed like the most radical one, diving in head first and hoping for the best since there's no demo programs around me in MA. If i were thinking of upgrading boards and sticking with the PS3 style i probably would have gone to the S4 or Watson for a slightly more aggressive board.
tcaseymcclure
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the insight...Do you guys know what exactly has been changed (if anything) on the PS3 from 2006-2010? And part of the reason I was thinking about the Ronix One is because the PS3 goes with the hybrid 3 stage rocker while the ronix is a bit more aggressive of a full 3 stage. any input on this?
LakeIolaLuke
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Lake Iola/Orlando

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tcaseymcclure, The ronix is definitely a more aggressive 3 stage, it's slover and pops way more abruptly than the ps3. The ps3 is definitely looser than the one, so that may take a little getting used to as well. as far as ordering directly from liquid force, i wouldn't worry about that, they have the order filled by the closest local board shop that can fill the order.
tcaseymcclure
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the 2009 Ronix One... Its the same shape and design as the 2010 just a different graphic and I got it for about $150 cheaper than the 2010. Pretty excited to ride it. thanks for your guyss input.
nickl011
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Fargo

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they ever fix the binding inserts on the ONE?
OuachitaWaker
Addict
Addict

City: Hot Springs

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive rode a ps3 for a long time now. my friend has a one. They are nothing alike.

You bought the one without even riding it? lol
tcaseymcclure
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 14, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ridden the Hyperlite Premier that Danny Harf used to ride and I have heard that they are very similar. The shop I bought it at will let me bring it back and get a different board if I ride it and dont like it
Justin@Boardstop

City: Austin

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the question about the Ronix binding inserts.... Yes they fixed the problem. They corrected the problem and are better than ever. The originals were having some glue issues, but again they resolved the matter and are good to go. As for the Ronix One board, Danny changed it up since it first came out, it was almost a five stage rocker. It was very slow and not alot of people liked how it rode. But last year, they mellowed out the rocker a bit to help the board carry more speed threw the wake and on the landing as well. This eliminated the sticky feeling the board had on landings. The ronix one set up is killer. The boots fit just right with a good blend of support and still allowing you to poke out tricks and the board is dialed on the wake if three stage is your type board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: