Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Want to start Wakesurfing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petrey10
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Mar 30, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Want to start Wakesurfing Reply with quote

I just got a Tige 20i and it throws an average wake so I want to start wakesurfing... So I need to get my board and thought you guys coudl give me some recommendations. I think I will need a somewhat fast board because my wake pocket will probably be smaller than most guys with Vdrives and tons of weight. I am 6'2 215# and have two other guys that size that will be riding too. Please send me some recommendations
lakewakes

City: lake sinclair

PostPosted: Mar 30, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petrey10,
were is your location?? Confused
petrey10
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

East Central part of Illinois
lakewakes

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU CAN TRY ENDLESS BREAK , THAY ARE FROM CHICAGO AREA Cool
petrey10
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

?? I am just looking for a board recommendation
Nooga678
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no expert and haven't tried a lot of boards, but since no one else has chimed in, I will provide my oppinion.

For the combination of just learning, your size, and possible smaller wake, I would look for a longer board. Boards can be made through design elements to go fast even if they are short. However, they will be more squirly, with less surface area contact with the water. Also, if you wakeboard and have never ocean surfed, then the skim style will feel more simliar to a wakeboard. Supposedly they are easier to popup on, but I only read that somewhere.

Most of the longer boards maybe two basic and you might progress beyond them quickly if you want to start trying tricks. That is usually the case with anything, either steepen the learning curve by starting out with more advanced equipment, or realize you will have to upgrade down the road. I think having two boards would be better anway, since there are usually new people wanting to learn. Chattwake has a 5'6" so you could PM him to see what it is, how it rides, etc.. I think the most important thing starting out is making sure you get a board that you can easily get up on, and that is suffient to surf without a rope behind your boat. I don't know if I would go with something as big a the landlock, but maybe look for something in the 5'3" to 5'6" range with some perfromance characteristics.

You may have better luck taking this reccomendations and narrowing it down to three or four models, and then posting the list up asking for feed back. It seems most threads like that get more feedback, because people that have boards on the list will chime in. There are so many boards out there now, and I doubt very many people have ridden enough to say this board is better than that board, but they do know what they like and/or dislike about their board.
lakewakes

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if you were good at skateboarding then you will be good at surfing
kenziewake

City: Chelan

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, good boat choice. Wink I have a Tige 22ve and it puts out a sick wake for surfing without the fat sack.

As for board recommendations, we have 3 different boards. We have the Drew Danielo board made by Phase 5, the Oogle board also made by Phase 5, and my personal favorite, the Swallow board made by Inland Surfer. Out of the 3 boards, the Swallow by Inland Surfer is amazing. If your lookin' to go fast and nail tricks, go for the Phase 5 boards as they are very slick. But if your looking for a board that you can just cruise on and maybe nail some 360's, then go with the Inland Surfer board. That board gives you more of the surfing feel. Its longer and has a wood base with air tunnel to give more speed.

Anyways, hope i helped. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
brichter14
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 23, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you ride? We are at lake shelbyville but i live in mattoon
petrey10
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am looking for a board that I can learn easily and start doing some jumps and stuff hopefully by the end of the summer.
quadjeff

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a CWB to learn on.. I now have a Inland Surfer Sweet Spot.

I would recommend starting with a really nice Board like Inland surfer or Phase 5 any of the Surf Board companines offer a wide range of choices..

Easier if you can tell us your weight, height etc.. It helps when you pick a board and size. Both companines have great customer service. Everyone who works for the compaines surfs and wakeboards. They can get you pointed in the right direction. Also see if you could try some out.

It is a little harder to learn on a advanced board but you can grow into the board and improve way faster.

Spend the money up front for a nice board. Also when you purchase buy a "sock" to protect your investment. They get dinged and scratch pretty easy when you are taking in out of the racks.

You may find a really nice used board on a couple of the surf forums out there also.

I just learned last summer. Just my 2 cents...
petrey10
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wieght is 215#ish im trying to slim down a bit... anyways i will have some guys that are 230-240 that I would like to have them surf also... I am 6'2... tallest guymight be 6'4....
petrey10
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 29, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what aout a ronix cortez 5'4'' board?? this is a surf style board right? one that I could learn on easily and progress somewhat this year and next year upgrade to a better board?
quadjeff

PostPosted: May 03, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Insland surfer Blue Lake. Your weight and height it would be great. Good luck.
petrey10
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 04, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with the IS Squirt..... got it for 325 with free shipping off of ebay... if anybody wants to know the seller let me know... I made him an offer and he excepted the 325 with free shipping... I didn't see the board for less than 350 with free shipping...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: