Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Yamaha SX210 Jet boat...how's the wake?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockhouse

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Yamaha SX210 Jet boat...how's the wake? Reply with quote

So i found a good deal on a 2006 Yamaha SX210 boat...21', twin jets, very nice. But i'll pass on it if the wake sucks. I'm no pro, and will also be skatin behind it...so anyone know how the wake is?
Any input fellas...thanks.
NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NKC

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as with any jet drive, the wake is going to be small and washed out, if your going to be wakeboarding it wouldnt be the best choice... your better off to get an older inboard and work it up from there..
Road Head
Criminal
Criminal

City: Nashville

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a boat that fits your lifestyle and budget. All boats are good boats, you just have to make sure it does what you want it to do. You can certainly wakeboard behind a jet boat, but it is not a "wakeboard boat".

This is a good forum. They are unbiased in terms of helping a person find out if a yamaha jet boat is right for them or not.

http://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/index.php

Edit: FWIW, I had a 21' Chaparral i/o and it was a great boat. A lot of people had fun skiing and wakeboarding behind that boat. I plan on buying a Yamaha jet boat in the near future because it fits what my wife and I like to do. I still visit this forum though, because I love looking at all the nice boats, and seeing the pics and videos of the guys/gals that are much more hardcore.
rockhouse

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses, but i'm over the jet boats. My buddy just told me how his neighbor had one and HATED it for many valid reasons.
Old inboard here i come.
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockhouse wrote:
Thanks for the responses, but i'm over the jet boats. My buddy just told me how his neighbor had one and HATED it for many valid reasons.
Old inboard here i come.

your buddys neighbor is a smart man, youll be MUCH happier with and older inboard than a newer jet boat.

i had an '82 ski nautique 2001 and loved it. for two people it was great and threw a killer wake.

Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NKC

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road Head, im not biased, i currently ride behind a 1982 Ski Nautique that we bought for $3500 and have never ridden behind anything else besides a Seadoo GTX Wakeboard Edition jetski..

the jetski was 9k and wasnt worth it AT ALL, the boat was $3500 and 1,000x better

Craig-R
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road Head wrote:
Buy a boat that fits your lifestyle and budget. All boats are good boats, except jet boats

FIFY
flyhigh
Addict
Addict

City: Monticello

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig-R, lololololol
Road Head
Criminal
Criminal

City: Nashville

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NKCrider wrote:
Road Head, im not biased, i currently ride behind a 1982 Ski Nautique that we bought for $3500 and have never ridden behind anything else besides a Seadoo GTX Wakeboard Edition jetski..

the jetski was 9k and wasnt worth it AT ALL, the boat was $3500 and 1,000x better

My point was that jet boats are fine boats, just like Nautiques, Sea Ray cruisers, I/O's, pontoon boats...etc. You can wakeboard behind a cruiser, but it isnt a wakeboard boat. This is a tough crowd...because most of you guys/gals are fairly hardcore and there is pretty much one style of boat that works for you. But, much like vehicles, houses, jobs...people have different needs to fit their lifestyles.

The original poster was interested in the yamaha jet boats, so I thought it was useful to give him a link to a forum where he could get more information about that type of boat, the pros and cons, and what type of person it will suit. Personally, I love the Yamaha jet boats, because it does what I need.

An I/O style hull for a smooth ride, jet ski-like acceleration and turning, wraparound seating, shallow draft, and no prop to tear up. Is it a wakeboard boat? Absolutely not. Can you get out on the lake and have a heck of a good time? Absolutely.

Craig-R
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road Head, i grew up riding behind an outboard fishing boat so by no means am i saying that an inboard is the only option.. for wakeboarding however, a jetboat is definitely your worst option, for a ton of reasons
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: