Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

DIY wakewinch????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mcane6
Criminal
Criminal

City: Whitesburg

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: DIY wakewinch???? Reply with quote

So anyone on here built one? IF so give me some pics and ideas or a write up if ya got one.

Me and a buddy have been researching some the last few days on a build bc there bout to start letting our lake down so we wont to throw some sliders up in the shallow water and a winch will work perfect for us just dont have $1700 to drop on one. My question is what is good size motor for a dead pull out of the water? will the 6.5 like on the ones you can buy...will it pull me..170lb.. out of the water? I can get my hands on a 13hp engine which i thought would be great but we can get a smaller one for free....so which should i go with?

THanks for any info guys
beretta5spd
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nipawin,SK, Canada

PostPosted: Nov 21, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you'll need is a 6.5 horse engine and when geared correctly with a Comet TAV2...... http://www.alliedleisurecorp.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=585

you will be able to pull up a 220 lb + guys deep starting.

http://www.wakeboarding-winch.com/

That is a great resource. The 13 hp engine is far more than the Comet TAV2 can handle. I *think* that the factory limit is 7 or 8 hp. You will burn out the belt pretty quick with full throttle starts on a 13 hp engine.

Whatever you do, do not pick up a small circle disc style clutch. I don't know what they are specifically called. The TAV2 "snowmobile style" clutch works the best but if you search around on that forum they'll help you out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> DIY Projects All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: