Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Starting a new small slider, need help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Channelwake

City: West Islip

PostPosted: Jul 06, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Starting a new small slider, need help!!! Reply with quote

Hey guys, I am building a new wakeboard slider. I know where to get all the materials besides 1. I need the floaters for the bottom of the slider. I am building according to these directions that I found on wakeboarder.com: http://www.wakeboarder.com/display.phtml?id=278. I am very flexible and will take ideas from any one so if you have better plans please let me know. I need this to be easily portable! If you know where I can find the floats please let me know. Also any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated because this is my first project! Lastly, any ideas on making it lighter would be a great help as well!

Start posting, I need some help Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iluvplastic

City: wasaga beach

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem with float slider is that they are expensive, heavy, big, and not very portable. those plastic floats are at home depot and are around $300 each new for a 4' x 4' section. pretty pricey.

but heres what you can do, first get access to a boat trailer thats the same size as yer slider (20'-30')- use it to launch/pull slider in and out of the water like you would a boat.

then build traditional dock without deck and build yer rail on it. keep it in one section if ya can.

anchoring is a bitch so find a spot not too deep and set the biggest anchors ya can.

hope that helps a bit, good luck

BigAirNZ
Criminal
Criminal

City: Auckland

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that things huge! I agree with iluvplastic floating sliders arent really that portable, is there a spot where you could have a standing one? Check this one out you could just change the plans to suit your needs http://www.the2001.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album06&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
If you do want to go floating though have a think about the big blue plastic barrels. We found carwash places, takeaway shops had them going free so hunt around but they will be alot higher than the initial plan but work well when weighted. Good luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: