Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

so i now have two wakeboats.....story and pics!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Killeen TX

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: so i now have two wakeboats.....story and pics! Reply with quote

Ever have something fall in your lap that you just never expected or were prepared for?

My old nautique has been starting to show her age alot. and I was starting to need more room, something larger for a decent surf wake and audreys family. so I'd been kind of planning on starting to look for something to step up to in the future, some time around 2010 or 2011. Through research and help from the forums I had pretty much landed on the 03-05 Mobius LSV.
So for the last 3-4 months just to keep tabs on the market for them i would check all the websites and keep an eye on what was out there and the going prices. there were always 10-20 of them for sale at a given time going for 26,000 to 29,000, and all over, from florida to alabama to california.
wensday i check all the sites. bored thursday, i do my weekly ritual again. checking all the sites. seeing the same old boats. until i come across one id never seen. i click on it. its an 03 Mobius LSV, in a hideous yellow color. Then i look down at the asking price...$19,900....(lucky break #1) i just about fell out of my chair. 6-9 grand cheaper than every other 03-04 id looked at? looked threw the pics it looked to be in great shape and only 175 hours. then i scroll down and check out the location......its 60 miles from me and at my buddy Ed's (flixmaster) dealership!!! (lucky break #2)
at this point my hearts going crazy. but i already had a boat, and was no where near ready to buy anything. especially in this economy not knowing what tommorrow would bring.
Just out of curiosity i leave the computer and run down stairs to the bank (i was at work) to see how much i owe on the nautique, having no clue,i figured i had quite a bit left only owning the boat for just over two years. i get the pay off from the loan officer....$413 bucks! (lucky break #3)
ok were these signs from above? lol

so i get on the phone and call the dealership and the first words out of my mouth when they answered "hi im calling about the used Mobius you have, whats wrong with it?" hahaha
got the sales manager kevin, and he laughed, he said his phones had been on fire and hed been asked that same question 4-5 times that morning. everything was in great shape he said and he just traded for it "good" and wanted to move it. so i pretty much spent the day on the phone with 4-5 banks trying to get a loan going (huge fiasco i cant even begin to type) and talked to kevin at 2-3 hour intervals making sure it wasnt sold. tons of calls, but no one with money ready. so at the end of the day i had no luck with the banks and an appointment to go look at the boat, the second the dealership opened in the morning(friday). i had to pray his two banks could do me some good.(all the banks said it was 1 year too old to loan money on. 04 would have been a cake walk with my credit)
so friday morning just after dawn i hop on the bike and make a flying road trip to Round Rock to the dealership. i get there, they're in the back cleaning it already, i look at it for about 20 minutes and say ill take it, lets get papers drawn up for a loan. once inside we get the price knocked down to 19,400! (lucky break #4) finish paperwork and get that all taken care of, during which two more people call about the boat while im applying for the loan/boat. after the paper work, i go back outside to check the boat out more, and during which i get a call from one of the local banks from the day before, they approved me!!!!!! and gave me exactly what i wanted!!!!!!! no down payment, 5 year loan and at 6.09%! (lucky break #5) sweet!
more paper work and while inside a customer walks in and asked the dealership owner to look at the mobius, he says "sorry, we just sold it to that guy 15 minutes ago." i knew this thing wouldnt make it to the weekend, and thats why i knew i had to act fast. we head out to lake georgetown for a water test. lakes are so low we couldnt even get it off the trailer with full power reverse. we head around the lake to a second ramp. get to the end of the contrete. same thing. still dry on the bunks, but this time the boats backing off the trailer 1/2" at a time. we keep rocking it until shes in the water. did a quick test. i wanted to insure the ballast and perfect pass all worked good. everything on the boat appeared to be in great working order. we loaded up, kevin took the boat back to the dealership and i head back to work. get to work about 2pm. and off to the bank to sign papers. gets down to the wire and right at closing time we have everything we need. insurance company and bank have everything and final papers sent to kevin at 4:45 friday just before closing time! shes mine! a whirlwind 2 days, i dont think it even registered what i had done!
arange pickup the following morning on saturday, of course just after they open. pick her up and head home. seeing that massive yellow banana in the rear view sure was strange. but for that price i could deal with it.
The boat previously belonged to a dallas man, that had a vacation house on the lake in austin, with a private slip. the trailer had been used less than 5 times. pretty much new.
once the boat was home i really got to start looking at it. i was in such a hurry before to get my name on it, fine details i just didnt get to check out on it. like i never opened any of the compartments. well once home i open the compartment below the glove box, and bam! a hidden amp and sub had been added! sweet! (lucky break # 6) and then i open the rear compartments beside the motor, and the previous owner and removed the factory twin 300 lb built in ballast sacs, and replaced them with a pair of fly high 750 lb'ers! jackpot! (lucky break #7)

after a couple hours of looking over and swaping gear from the old boat we head to the lake and check it out for the first time. so different. the boat is 21 years newer. so many gadgets and electronics, storage places, floor space. seating, ballast systems, perfect pass, trim plates. just a whole new world. very pleased. even un ballasted i was very happy with the wake, no white wash. so far i have not filled all 1900 lbs off ballast at once but im sure it will be nice. with just the left 750 filled we could not surf. just all white wash. no lean. so were gonna bring our two 440 lb'ers tommorrow for the left side to get some lean and crispen that surf wake up. also gonna keep working on the wakeboard wake. just too rough and windy today.

just cant believe it. just 3 days ago i was just in the normal old grind. now being patient learning the new boat and getting it setup to me and audreys liking. no doubt we already are sad and miss having the nautique on the water. there are some things a new boat just cant replace from that era. plus the old schoolers always gave us made props and smiles. but in time im sure we will love all the nicities, gadgets, room, and advatages the new boat has to offer. cant wait to get that wake dialed.

2003 Moomba Mobius LSV
big berta ballast
perfect pass
stereo with sub and transom remote (so cool!)
indmar assult 320 hp V8
cant thing of everything but coming from an 82 so many things that most folks take for granted haha

Cool

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS on Aug 30, 2009 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
eric-holmes
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Searcy

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks good, congrats on the awesome deal.
ctimrun

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you really scored a great boat at a great price! Sounds like it was just in time too, nice work! Can't wait to see pictures of the wakeboard and surf wakes after you get them dialed in. you are going to have to change your signature picture now, of course I am only referring to the boat picture! Mr. Green

EDIT: I had to take a second look at the pictures. I am not a huge fan of yellow, but the yellow on this one actually looks really good!
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone!

heres my plans for the winter. rip off the graphics. add a black vinyl stripe. new graphics. rhinoliner the swim deck, and anodize the windsheild frame. (possibly the tower too but doubt it)

thoughts?

Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Searcy

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that would look sic, It def adds an edge to it.
ctimrun

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would look great! A black tower would look awesome too.
leviwynnyk
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Sylvan Lake

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet boat, sweet price. you will love your Moomba! That's a lot of weight for that boat, you will love it.

See you on the moomba board!

Rhawn
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Richmond, V to the Izzay

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking boat.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats man!
texguy2124
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Hamilton

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STANG KILLA SS, Congrats on the boat. I'm looking to get into a V-drive either over the winter or start of the season. What dealerships were you looking at?
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texguy. my online searchs were always for the entire US. i was willing to drive for a good deal. got lucky and didnt have to. this one was bought from central texas watersports in austin(malibu dealership)
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....double post..... Embarassed

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS on Aug 30, 2009 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
texguy2124
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Hamilton

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STANG KILLA SS, Thanks Thats only an hour and half from me.
ssuter
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nashville

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on that sweet boat and the sweet deal. The boat looks awesome.
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Lowell

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new boat. I like the yellow they realy stand out on the water.It
will look even better when you get done.
wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say do away with the big mobius lettering in the middle and maybe do something inline with the LSV part.

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NKC

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STANG KILLA SS, great boat and congrats. im hoping to upgrade from my Nautique when i get outta college. hopefully X-Stars will be like real cheap then..
jrbishop4

City: Peoria

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, that is a great boat I just sold my 04 Mobius last winter. That boat puts out a really nice wake.
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well day 2 is complete. starting to really learn the boat. but still have not messed with wakeboarding setup much. its been windy all weekend Sad but getting the surf wake dialed, it must be twice as big as the old natique. mobius seems to like 10.0 or 10.3 mph and the wake plate about 1/4 of the way up. had the left rear 750 filled, and a 440 in the left seat.

Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STANG KILLA SS wrote:
rhinoliner the swim deck

that sounds slippery as a motherf*cker.

nice pick up man!
_bruky
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boat looks great man! Nice upgrade.

Graphic ideas? Laughing

sirPARTYman
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Auckland New Zealand

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn bruva thats a sic boat i quite like the yellow wif the white trim but yeah remove the graphics Twisted Evil Shot!!
STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_bruky wrote:
Boat looks great man! Nice upgrade.

Graphic ideas? Laughing

http://www.chiquita.com/chiquita/announcements/press_room/Image_library/logos/Chiquita_Logo_HR.gif[/img]

http://www.wsvn.com/images/news_articles/389x205/070216_dole_logo.jpg[/img]

i was thinking......

Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Grand Rapids

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way it looks now.

Your deal makes me sad, I would like to think that my 04 is worth more than 20k

lcap wrote:
you assume that i assume that my assuming is wrong and assume your assumption therefore must be correct.
Chattwake
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were me, I would do one of two things. I would either get the whole thing wrapped in whatever color you want, or I would pull off those graphics and just buy a set of these:

LoudonTN
Addict
Addict

City: Boat Mfg U.S.A. - East Tennessee

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude that is AWESOME! Great deal. I'd leave the graphics on it though, I don't thik it looks bad Embarassed

What was your old Nautique? I just upgraded myself from an '80's I/O to my Supra and trust me...you'll get used to the gadgets Very Happy

Also, you should probably change the tires on your trailer, esp. if it's just sat for that long. They could be dry-rotted or something, I know my '05 24SSV trailer had just sat in Florida for 4 years and sure enough one of the tires blew up on the way down the highway a few weeks ago. Thankfully it is a tandem trailer.

STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broccoli B wrote:
I like the way it looks now.

Your deal makes me sad, I would like to think that my 04 is worth more than 20k

Embarassed
im sure it is. like i said all the 04s i saw were all going for 25k+

Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

02lightning wrote:
If it were me, I would do one of two things. I would either get the whole thing wrapped in whatever color you want, or I would pull off those graphics and just buy a set of these:

haveing a vinyl cutter id like to do them myself. but that sure does look nice. i wonder what the 09 graphics would look like on my boat?

Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoudonTN wrote:
Dude that is AWESOME! Great deal. I'd leave the graphics on it though, I don't thik it looks bad Embarassed

What was your old Nautique? I just upgraded myself from an '80's I/O to my Supra and trust me...you'll get used to the gadgets Very Happy

Also, you should probably change the tires on your trailer, esp. if it's just sat for that long. They could be dry-rotted or something, I know my '05 24SSV trailer had just sat in Florida for 4 years and sure enough one of the tires blew up on the way down the highway a few weeks ago. Thankfully it is a tandem trailer.

a great point, i did check the tires, they do have some cracks. not bad but there. a blow out would be devistating. especially with my short wheel base jeep.

Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are you going to do with the Nautique?
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jt09 wrote:
STANG KILLA SS wrote:
rhinoliner the swim deck

nice pick up man!

Actually.... it works!

My bud had it done on his old boat as the deck was pretty well thrashed.

Came out killer. No maintenance, not slippery at all.

I'm not sure if it was Rhino or Line-X though. Either way - worked very well.

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
LoudonTN
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez wrote:
jt09 wrote:
STANG KILLA SS wrote:
rhinoliner the swim deck

nice pick up man!

Actually.... it works!

My bud had it done on his old boat as the deck was pretty well thrashed.

Came out killer. No maintenance, not slippery at all.

I'm not sure if it was Rhino or Line-X though. Either way - worked very well.

Our company Supra has a line-x swim platform, it's rough on the knees to crawl on to, and it gets hot. It's designed to make it less slippery, and it works, but it's a big price to pay IMO.

STANG KILLA SS
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbsoluteZero wrote:
what are you going to do with the Nautique?

sell it cheap. ive got my moneys worth out of it.

Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoudonTN, maybe it was Rhino then. Didn't notice the rough on the knees thing.

Hot? His was in the water when our fat asses were on it. Laughing

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
LoudonTN
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez wrote:
LoudonTN, maybe it was Rhino then. Didn't notice the rough on the knees thing.

Hot? His was in the water when our fat asses were on it. Laughing

I think you can get different "grits" of Line-X, ours may just be harsh. It's still hot nonetheless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: