Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

fishing boats that can also be decent wakeboard boats?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b33nine
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Salem-ish

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: fishing boats that can also be decent wakeboard boats? Reply with quote

Ok,

So my parents finally sold our old prostar 190 last week after flirting with the idea for the better part of 8 years or so. Apparently they're looking to get a new boat however, and this time they'll be buying it for the primary purpose of fishing and crabbing, meaning it will definitely see salt water use.

My question is, is there any fishing boats that can work decently as wakeboard boats? I currently don't even live in the same state and even if I did I know plenty of people with wakeboard boats and am probably only a couple of years away myself from starting to look at purchasing my own, but I know they'd consider looking at something that could potentially fit both needs.

Any ideas?
Boost Deuce
Criminal
Criminal

City: Fort Collins

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that i see a lot of deck boats that work great for fishing and wakeboarding.
But hell, today i saw someone fishing off a brand new Supra Launch.

_bruky
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to have them sent to a nursing home before they make any more poor decisions Laughing

I really couldn't tell you which fishing boats make a good wake. You can always skate behind one, it can't be worse than a j-ski.

I fish off a Nautique sometimes after it gets dark. Always worried about hooking the vinyl or dropping nightcrawlers on the carpet. It's no fun!
jjaszkow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Some Airport

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Mastercraft CSX saltwater series might be of interest to you.
sinjun
Criminal
Criminal

City: cincinnati

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my family wakeboards behind a 22 foot walk around off shore fishing boat. i had a custom tower made by atlantic towers that has rocket launchers for fishing rods and a tow boss for wakeboarding. this is the most versitle boat i have had, my wife, son and i can overnight in the cabin, and we have had it 25 miles out in the gulf of mexico in destin fl. fishing. at 23 to 25 mph with a 55 to 60 foot line the wake is knee high, and i can easily clear the wake. the thing i like the best is the fuel economy, while wakeboarding i burn between 4 and 5 gph at a cruise speed of 30 mph i burn just under 7 gph.
Brit Rider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Cheshire, England

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjaszkow, seconded.

b33nine, If a CSX is in budget it sounds like it'll be the perfect boat... it has an epic wakeboarding wake, and is also not a bad fishing boat. plenty of storage (Wet and dry), handles well and is good in the rougher water. They also sell it as a salt water series boat.

b33nine
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Salem-ish

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I started looking at the saltwater line last night for fun. I'm not sure it would fit the needs, but I can certainly try and push them in a direction Laughing

I'm assuming the saltwater line can be used in freshwater also, or is that just wishful thinking?

I think you could make one of those boats fit the purpose, but I worry that the price would be prohibitive to be something that doesn't fit their needs exactly. Can't hurt to offer them a suggestion though Mr. Green
jjaszkow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Some Airport

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b33nine, the saltwater line will be at home on freshwater as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: