Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Panasonic 170 or 200A

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Panasonic 170 or 200A Reply with quote

I just went to the camera shop and looked at the 170 and the 200A. $4800 for the 170. $5K+ for the 200A.

Anyone have a 170?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
brinks
Addict
Addict

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For you and the site I would go with the 170. I went with the 200 mostly because some of the stuff I shoot has to go out to tape for work.
Box of Fun out NOW! Get it at your local board shop!
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I am going to rent that camera for the weekend..

my next thing is I like to support local shops when possible. I have found the camera from $4K-$5199. I can get it local for $4,800 no tax so if they provide some support and edit help I think it is worth it for the assistance.

I have bought from B&H in the past. Has anyone bought local on their equipment or was the price just out of range?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
Ejazzle
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Tequesta

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the guy i bought my camera from

http://cgi.ebay.com/Panasonic-AG-HVX200-HD-24P-P2-Camcorder-AG-HVX-200_W0QQitemZ350225626843QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras?hash=item518b12f6db&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1234|293%3A1|294%3A50

supportin local shops is great. But not when you can save a grand...
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're going to buy a high-end camera, please make sure you buy it from a reputable shop. you know you're not getting grey-market, non-usa stuff. not saying that the ebay link is, but you never know.
I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
brinks
Addict
Addict

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 02, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another cam you should look into would be the Panasonic HMC150. About the same as the HVX but shoots to smaller and cheaper cards
Box of Fun out NOW! Get it at your local board shop!
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that camera at Nationals. I think the CWB crew is using one of those for some of the footage they are taking.
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my best local deal on a HPX170.

16g card, camera and other standard equipment.

$4599.99
$500 mail in rebate
5 year warranty from panasonic
No tax

I have found them here and there for a few hundred cheaper but they are always doing something to get it down. Pulling the card. not offering the rebate etc etc. These guys have a full studio, edit rooms($50 hour) and all kinds of other stuff. I am going to go local on the camera. The company is Omegabroadcast.com out of Austin.

dirtycracker
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: orlando

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering what do u want to shoot with the hvx? 4599.00 dollars to shoot web videos is a bit crazy.

Only reason I bought the HVX cause i shoot other industry video where the type of camera you have matters sadly.

there are so many cameras out there that shoot amazing quality for a quater of the price. Just saying.

If you see a 4599 dollar camera paying for itself then defiantly do it. Ive had my hvx200 and its already payed for itself and more.

flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we also own boardflix I have talked to a few others about actually making a regional wake title in the future. The camera will be used for that also. I might not get a payoff in the first season but it will pay for itself down the road...hopefully..
dirtycracker
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: orlando

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flixmaster, ya in the end its your money and your decision. The hvx is the creme of the crop and is an amazing camera. I have soaked my totally drenched it numerous times. Ive dropped it. and more. Its a beast
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Aug 13, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked it up today. Having Omega broadcast right down the street from Boardstop was just way to tempting. Driving past it a few times a week just caused me to have the itch to buy it. I have not even plugged it in but it is sitting on my desk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: