Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Need some help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PMart
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Need some help? Reply with quote

Hey everyone!
I have been wake surfing for about a year or so and wanted to see if I was going the right speed. I have a malibu wake setter that is about 23 foot with ballast and wedge. I am a goofy rider so i ride the right side of the wake if u are looking at the boat. I have the right and center ballast down with wedge down. It outs off a great wake! I also have a couple of people on my side for the weight. We go about 10.5 on cruise control and i was wondering if that was a good speed??? I am looking at youtube videos and see that the wake is a lot longer and people are doing better tricks with a longer better wake. Didnt know if there was something i needed to do.
Rhawn
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Richmond, V to the Izzay

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing to do is mess with it. 10.5 is kinda slow. You can also try adding weight in the bow.
PMart
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 31, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good. I just wanted to know how to spin and stuff. i will try to take out the middle fin and see if that helps. Any suggestions
Nooga678
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Aug 03, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my buddies 23LSV we will fill the front internal tank and add a 250# sack in the front on the surf side. We usually ride at 10.6. We have also found that depending on the number and placement of people the wedge may need to be tweaked as well. Many times the wave is better when it is not set to the maximum wake height setting.

I would start with more weight up front, then if that still doesn't elongate it enough for you try speeding up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: