Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Building a pool?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohdoor
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: OKC

PostPosted: May 17, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Building a pool? Reply with quote

So I decided I want to try and build a pool in my back yard... which is 19 acres. So the pool can be as big as it needs to be. Problem is I have no idea what i'm doing. What I have in mind is just a long narrow pool that I could put a slider going down the middle in. I've never hit a slider before so I don't want to make it to crazy. If I go through with this pool I may decide to wreck it and build a new one after awhile with a gap or something. I figured I would just go buy a whole bunch of 2x4's and build sides about 4 feet high and then space them apart around 12 feet with 2x4s in between. As for the length I have no idea how long to make it. My dad said if I go through with it and build the pool that he would buy a winch... he doesn't believe that i'm gonna do it. We also have a 4wheeler to pull with in case my dad backs out on the deal. So does anyone have any suggestions?
carcrz

PostPosted: May 18, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W/ that much land to work with, I'd build a pond instead. Plus you can go fishing when you don't feel like riding. Much cheaper to do too.
devon
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: May 18, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=68700&highlight=build+pool

theres a bit of info there

i plan on building one in the summer

Last edited by devon on Feb 28, 2009 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
ohdoor
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: OKC

PostPosted: May 19, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and a friend got a bunch of 2x4's yesterday and cut them all to the right size and we just decided instead of building a frame we're gonna ram them into the ground and put plywood against them. For one side of it where using a fence (iron poles cemented into the ground) that was already there. Any one think we should go ahead and make a pool gap or just a single really long pool with a slider in the middle. We thought it would be cool to make one really long one and have the slider removable somehow so we can do stuff on a wakeskate without the slider in the way if we don't want it there.
Lewis215

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the gap is the way to go.. more daring and you can just make one of the pools really long. i would say that jaming 2x4's into the ground could be a big mistake beacuse those pools hold alot of water witch creates alot of pressure, it turn it will most likely bend the 2x4's over. and seriouly if money is a big problem.. get a pond put in. then you can make a small pool to gap to.
edittman1
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Jose

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, with that much space make a pond and a full on aerial setup. Trick is keeping water in it though.

Dunno what your budget is though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: