Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

For all you I/O owners!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh 154
Criminal
Criminal

City: Wall Lake

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: For all you I/O owners! Reply with quote

For all you who can't afford a real wakeboat or just would like a I/O post pics of your boat and wake. Please also list what you all have done to the boat, ballast (how much and where located), prop, tower/pylon engine size etc.

Well heres mine! It's a 2001 Wellcraft 175SS. I picked this up for $5k down in Maryland! It has a 3.0L with a 4 blade 17P prop. Just ordered a ballast set up yesterday so no pics with ballast yet. Planing on buying a insanity pylon soon. I will post new pics of the wake once the fat sacs come!
Josh 154
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well fat sac is here and all i can say is wow! Shocked What a difference. We are running all 800Lbs from the front of the bow back, with the trim between 1/4th and 1/2. We found this to give us the best lip. One thing i notice is we can only ride at about 55-60' before the wake gets washed out. We pull at about 21-23 mph. Here's the after pic of the wake Very Happy
ssuter
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nashville

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang that looks much better. i have the same problem we gota ride a little shorter also so we can catch the good part of the wake.
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yeah its a big difference. I have a big problem with balancing out the boat though. It must be alot heavier on the drivers side. We have to have the driver on the drivers side and about 3 average people on the other side just to balance it out.

I would like to be able to move the rope farther back because now i usually land about 5 foot in the flats not even edging hard (fixed my progressive edge Wink). I can't move the rope back anymore because if i do ill be right on the curl of the wake and it will start trippin me.

Does anyone know how to move the ramp back on an I/O? Im running all 800lbs in the bow and after we get off plane to turn around and get the rider we dip down about 2-3 inches from the water Surprised
ssuter
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya i tried movin my rope back this past weekend. But i am prolly gun keep it where its at. I was running no ballast i had the driver one person in the back one in the front and two coolers one on each side and my wake was perfect. Idk how it got like that but it did and it went far back and I was able to move my rope back. Confused

City: Turku/Finland

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I have a wellcraft 175SS as well!
3.0 engine and 15x15" prop
I've added a tower to it, didn't want the hassle and reserved space with the pylon.
Some fatsacks would be great, but mostly there is seven fat asses sitting along, so it acts as a decent weighting. I think it still could handle at least 500lbs of extra weight, as it planes with that prop very well despite of the small engine.

We're using 65' rope and it's almost just at the point of where the wake starts getting washed out.
Oh yea the balance of the boat is way heavier on the drivers side. I'm gonna move the battery to the otherside for a little compensations, but still thinking of adding some additional weight there to get it even. Kinda annoying when driving around alone.

Here's some pics of the boat. Gotta get some of the wake also. The weathers been all fuc**d up for a while around here. Hopefully get boarding soon.

ssuter
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 10, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet boat there man.

I had to shorten up my rope a lil bit to get in the non washed out park of the wake. And i put like a 25 lb sand bag opp side of my battery to even it out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: