Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

hitting a slider?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cvach
Criminal
Criminal

City: Royal Oak

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: hitting a slider? Reply with quote

i am from northern ohio where sliders are very rare. This is probably a very stupid question to most of you, but out of curiosity i was wondering how different it is to a hit a slider/rail on a wakeboard compared to a snowboard?

i ride rails on a snowboard, and im very comfortable on a snowboard and wakeboard. If i came across a slider, what would be the chances of me eating it real bad? I understand that handle positioning comes into play, but I feel like it would be easier on a wakeboard. Is it?

Im heading up to NY for vaca and to do some riding this coming week. Any suggestions on what to do if I find a slider up there?
michigan boarder
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: MI

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from MI as u can tell by my name....but we don't have many here either so when we built ours we were kinda scared to hit it at first....honestly it is not like a snowboard. It is definitely something that you need to get used to doing. Wear a helmet for sure and if you can start on a low slider...such as one that's only like a foot or so out of the water. If you don't have that option make sure when you hit one stay low and center yourself over your board and just remember it's better to slide off the side a few times then go for it right off the bat and smash your face. Good luck man
Lewis215

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best way to start is with a low flat bar at a few miles an hour less than you ride. cut on you comfurtable heel side neear the end of the rail to get use to olling on to the top progressivly cut sooner so you slide more of the rail its easier to hit perminent pounded in sliders than floating one just because there not gunna move on you. but you take the risk of eating it more. to preactice the first time i would do wake slides where i cut and ollied on top of the wake this helps to get comfurtable ollieing on to a target and helps you learn to balence in mid air so you don't catch an edge.
michigan boarder
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: MI

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree learning to ollie into a butterslide will help a lot and permanent sliders r easier to hit
Christobull
Addict
Addict

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: Jun 30, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you say cable parks are the best place to learn, or would you recommend sticking to a boat or at least PWC? I'm an Okie, and there are several cable parks around, but no sliders on the lakes other than a couple of ski jumps that are older than I am. The core of engineers for most lakes are ripping them out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: