Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

suggestions on new camcorder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad_layin_low
Criminal
Criminal

City: walnut ridge

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: suggestions on new camcorder Reply with quote

im looking into getting a camcorder i want to spend about $200 on one. ive never had any experience with one. what do you all suggest on getting that has good visual and easy to put on the web. what i mean by good visual is i see some videos on youtube and its blurry and i dont want that so could i get some help
dr.fowler
Criminal
Criminal

City: Riverton

PostPosted: Jun 06, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad, I have a couple I'll sell you if you're interested. Both are a little older, but both work just fine. One's a Canon ZR25 Mini-dv that I'd ditch for cheap, $100 or so. The other is a Canon Mini-DVD camcorder (I forget the model number). It's a nice unit, megapixel CCD, nice big optical zoom, color viewfinder, etc. It will do several different formats, works with both -R and +/-R and -RW discs. I'll get rid of that one for $200, I think I paid $600 or so for it about 3 years ago. Either one will take nice quality digital video. The direct-to-disc camcorder is a little nicer because it has a USB 2.0, whereas the miniDV only has firewire. If you're interested, I can send you pics when I get home. I'm out of town til monday night.
brad_layin_low
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 08, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr.fowler. thanks for suggesting yours but i dont want any with dvds. i would just rather have a card for memory or saves to it to hard drive on the unit or however they work. but thanks for your help though.
dr.fowler
Criminal
Criminal

City: Riverton

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to use a mount, you don't want HD, as the vibration will mess it up. Get one with flash media and you'll be happier. There are some nice ones out there.
brad_layin_low
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 19, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dr. fowler. i wont be using a mount i just want something that i can use that has a clear pic unlike some of the ones you see on youtube that are all fusy. would you have any suggestions around the 200 dollar mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: