Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Portable Slider?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoarderDudeErik

City: Pickerington

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Portable Slider? Reply with quote

Hey I live in suburbia ohio so the only decent lake is hour away. I was just wondering if anyone had plans for a portable slider. The ODNR boys here are extreme so if we planted a slider we'd get ticketed bad. Also, if anyone knows where to get (or has) winch plans that would be great. I'm kinda on a tight budget. Also, seeing as how we gotta take it up and tear it down I can't really use any that are too big or difficult to set up.
Jack P

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya for the winch i would look on http://winchskating.com/ or www.wakespace.com seem really nice winches on both and lots of advice. It would also help if you good at welding to make the frame and spool which are the hardest parts. Heres a good simple frame design http://wakeboarding-winch.com/viewtopic.php?t=13 For a good spool design http://wakeboarding-winch.com/viewtopic.php?t=170 Hers hows you can take the govoner off http://wakeboarding-winch.com/viewtopic.php?t=54 I dont know on a portable slider other than rave but i heard those are terriable. Hope I helped.
Jack
BoarderDudeErik

PostPosted: Dec 10, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jack. Yah I've been lookin around at winch plans. I'm also a member of wakeboarding-winch.com and my favorite place I've found is tahitimx.com. I'm in the process of getting some of the parts now. As far as the slider I started to build an a-frame rail that can be seperated into individual peices making it easier to transport. So far we have the flat part that will be the top when the rail is done but for now we're just using it as a 12' flat rail for snowboarding. The rest of the rail won't be built until after the winch is done.
iluvplastic

City: wasaga beach

PostPosted: Dec 29, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this rail is for kiteboarding in around 2 feet of water, goes together in less than an hour, 2 12' sections that i can haul on my car's roof racks. tons of fun.

BoarderDudeErik

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Looks like you guys have a really nice setup out there. All we have is crap here but you learn to make the best of it.
StingerWake77

PostPosted: Mar 26, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey iluvplastic, what material is on top of the slider you have there? thanks
iluvplastic

City: wasaga beach

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey stinger, ya its called hdpe, and the type is uhmw, google it up - its really expensive, 200 u.s. a 4x8 sheet. but i have heard that you can use corrugated plastic (like ya see for outdoor signs) its 20 bucks a sheet, gonna try it on one of our kickers this summer .
StingerWake77

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks bro, yeah that is expensive!
manola

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeing as how we gotta take it up and tear it down I can't really use any that are too big or difficult to set up.
sonnerie portable gratuite
BoarderDudeErik

PostPosted: Jun 12, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

??? Yeh, manola thats what i said
BigAirNZ
Criminal
Criminal

City: Auckland

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.steenfilms.com/?p=83 its a kite video but basically a pallet slider that fits into the back of a ute. Saw another one a while back the same and was on the roof of a little hatchback. You should be able to "borrow" pallets from somewhere so then you just have to get some blow up lounge chairs to make it float and the surface material. Should only take about 20mins to setup each time if you build it right.

Heres the latest version of our slider, needs a bit more work still but the top rail breaks into two sections and goes on the roof and the legs fit in the boot of my sedan, takes about half an hour to put together just sandbag the legs to keep it down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: