Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

I hate exams.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chales

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: I hate exams. Reply with quote

I get all As both quarters, somehow really mess up on the exams, and get Bs in some of my classes because the exams are 20%. I hate that!! and it happens to me every semester too. I really studied hard this time.
Maestro
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Markham

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to Ontario... midterms are 10%, finals are 30%, and you have a project throughout the course of the year that's worth 15%... 55% of your year right there... You screw up exams you're SCREWED...
Chukee_R
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel, I was never a good test taker ethier. Hey where in WI are you from and how far away from La Crosse is it. We should ride this spring or something?
Chales

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever hear of Lake Geneva? That's where I ride. Live 30min from Milwaukee... so that'd be what, 4 hours from LaCrosse?

Does your GPA/class rank really have a big impact on what college you get into or how much you pay? Because I always get really pissed off around this time of year (And around June), but should I be?
Chukee_R
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say your GPA has the highest impact. A lot of bigger schools like above a 3.0 or in the top 30% of your class. Then there are your ACT/SAT Scores those will help too. The higher your GPA the more scholarship money you may recieve if your school offers scholarships for that. That'd be like 3 hours with me driving. Smile
Chales

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I currently have a 3.93 GPA, in top 2% of my class of 500. With the Bs it might drop to 3.8... will it matter much?
Chukee_R
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are really really worried about not getting into a school, just remember that as long as you graduate you can get into a tech school. Four year colleges are a little more willing to accept transfer students who prove that they can do well in a college education setting. I did poor in high school, i got like a 2.6 and I couldn't go to the schools i wanted to, so im stuck at this Viterbo University school Min requirements to get in are a 18 on ACT and a 2.0 GPa, but then again it is a private school so students are taking a higher risk because it's 20k a year and if you flunk out you just made a 10k per semester mistake. I got a 3.3 my first semester here and I've applied to schools and I'm having a lot more luck than I did before. Once you get to college you realize that you are paying for it, and if you dont do your work it can get costly. Just stick with it and you'll do fine.
Chukee_R
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That probably wont matter to much. I'm sure they will see that you can do the required amount of work for college. I'm just pissed because I missed a 3.5 in because of 11pts in a 4 credit class. so much for deans list this sem.
Aubs
Motorboat Queen
Motorboat Queen

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finished my finals today.

im not gunna talk about grades or GPA due to the past HORRIBLE couple of months of school that i've had...
JHrod
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chales---- 3.93 will get u into a very high class college---damn high gpa u got there
Chukee_R
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been accepted to Bradley already its the #5 private liberal arts school in the nation, then again they probably liked my essay. I'm also applying to University Wisconsin La Crosse and University Wisconsin Madison. The admissions people at La Crosse said I could probably be able to get in so I figure if i can get into the 2nd hardest school to get into in wisconsin im sure i can get into madison which would be the hardest. We'll see though.
Chales

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I'm probably going for Madison. I'm pretty sure it's the 9th best college in the nation. I'd REALLY like to go out of state (I'm sick of WI), but then the money issue comes in- my family's basically broke. That's why I'm kinda curious about grades/scholarships. I think it's going to be a sort of apply for out of state schools and leave Madison as a last resort kind of thing, because I know I can get in there (knowing some of the people I know that have gotten in). Actually, the majority of my friends that are seniors are going there...
Bill Y Bob
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: S.L.C.

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just be glad your exams are worth 20% of your grade. In 3 of my classes the exams are worth half of our total grade. I have a 3.89 right now. oh well
Sean_Brinston
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Alliston Ontario

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man my school went on strike this fall so our exams start feb 11. Also our exams are worth 15% and we have a project we have to hand in called an isu(independent study unit) thats worth 15% Gotta love grade 10.
JHrod
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean u lucky man ----if i only i could sum how start a rift between the faculty and the board-----anyone got suggestions on how to start a school strike?????????
Sean_Brinston
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our teachers were the lowest paid in canada, we got a whole month off school, and we dont have to go an extra day to make up for it. Very Happy
JHrod
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr---my shcool system has sum of the higher paid teachers in alabama so i guess there goes my hopes for a strike Crying or Very sad ....but wouldn't it be great.......... Rolling Eyes
ohsix

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ohsix on Jul 20, 2012 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Sean_Brinston
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send death threats to the board , on behalf of the school's teacher population . Twisted Evil
JHrod
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingenious Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

or maybe i can hack into the system pull money from their paychecks and keep it---then i get money +a strike Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

or better yet double death threats from teachers to board members and from board members to teachers Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Devil Guy
Sean_Brinston
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now your talking! Twisted Evil
Jello John
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chales wrote:
Ok... I currently have a 3.93 GPA, in top 2% of my class of 500. With the Bs it might drop to 3.8... will it matter much?

One thing that matters is the classes you are taking. I assume you are taking challenging classes, right?

Class rank is just about the only thing that scares me about applying to colleges, since i'm only in the top 3rd of my class, in a class of over 1000, despite having a 3.85 gpa and loading my schedule up with honors and AP classes. Lots of kids in my school take the easiest classes availible here at my school because they think that taking easy classes and getting a very high gpa will get them into very good colleges. It might, but I bet most will struggle once they get there. I wish my school weighted grades.

Is Madison really a top 10 school? I know it's a really good college, but that seems a bit too high. I never really considered it, but now I might take a look at it.
Chales

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya Wes. Here's my story. For the english final exam, the teacher told us to study the multiple choice packets. One of the questions in the packet was: "The 'diamond' in Diamond Rock Alcatraz is: a)... b)... c) a truth, d)..."
The answer was a truth. Now, for the final exam, it says "The 'diamond' in Diamond Rock Alcatraz is: a)Alcatraz b)A Rock c)A big Rock d)A rainbow rock." I was really mad at this. I didn't want to go up and be like, "I KNOW that this answer is a truth, but it's not even on there" during the exam, so I decide to wait it out. Now I'm having my doubts because I don't think he'll even give the tests back, and I don't want to say, "remember number 57 on the exam? well um...". because I might have even gotten it right anyways.
And this might not seem like that big of a deal, but I needed an A on this test to get an A, and half the multiple choice on the test were exactly like this. It's so rediculous that I even studied, and that he even told us exactly what to study. And noone even got an A on the exam.

Aaaarg, that was long.
ohsix

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ohsix on Jul 20, 2012 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
BR_WB
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 2.9 in High School, it was a private school and it was pretty hard, and I got a 25 on my ACT, and I got into every school I applied to, most were state schools, but I got into Auburn and Rollins which are both semi difficult. It's all about your ACT.
Later,
Brad
ohsix

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chales- in TX if you are in the top 10% of your class all state universities automatically accept you no matter what your SAT or ACT scores are. If you're not in the top 10% they rate you by which 1/4 of your class you're in and your SAT scores and your GPA. With a GPA and class rank like that anyone should accept you with a decent SAT score. I wouldn't even bother with the ACT if I were you because I thought it was a lot harder and different than the SAT. I took each one once and made an 1180 on the SAT the summer before my senior year and made a 19 on my ACT during my senior year. I think I could have done better on the SAT if I took it again but I didnt care because I thought it was high enough.
JHrod
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad ---how'd u get into auburn with a 2.9---the minumum last year was a 3.25 with 22 on the ACT
ohsix

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ohsix on Jul 20, 2012 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Chales

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went in and talked to the teacher, but he had to leave in one minute so he left me alone with the exam able to write down any "discrepincies" I had with the test. As you can imagine my list was quite long and I also wrote down a few things I wouldn't have said to his face... oh well, he probably won't like me for the rest of the school year but if it gets me an A... Guess I'll just let it carry out and see on Tuesday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: