Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

First time out this year, and I am SORE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctgretzky99
Addict
Addict

City: somewhere southwest CT

PostPosted: May 11, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: First time out this year, and I am SORE! Reply with quote

I finally got to go this weekend: no kids, and my wife had a funeral to go to. Water was 60, air was 60, but I wussed out and used my drysuit anyway. I spent the $300 for it dammit!

It was just my bud Matt and I, so we got to go quite a bit each. I was terrible at first, but by the end of the day was close to last years riding.

The main thing is I am SORE! Damn, ya know, for the last almost 3 months, I have been working out, tramping, wind sprints, free weights, lost 25 lbs, and of course a lot of ice hockey, but damn! Still had muscles that werent used to riding! Plus the impacts of crashing.

Anyone else sore after the first time out each year?

Matt was banged up too, but he never even exercises so cant go by him. Laughing

We did have enough energy for me to go to his house yesterday for an hour and finish his monster tower.

flyingcajun13
Criminal
Criminal

City: Lake Charles

PostPosted: May 11, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday was my first day back from college and i went out on the boat for a few hours and i can barely move today. i sucked at first but got better towards end like you said. i dont work out like you but i stay in moderate shape considering im in college. my neck and lower back are hurting the most, probably whiplash from all my crashes ha
Rhawn
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Richmond, V to the Izzay

PostPosted: May 11, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked out, rode bikes, did hard lawn work all winter. This year I was going to be ready! The day after our first day I was so sore, its like I sat on the couch and ate twinkies all season. My hands were the first thing to go out. Didn't get to ride again till this weekend and we rode 3 out of 4 days, I think I'm going to die today. Getting on and off the toilet was alot of effort.
med8869

City: greenwood

PostPosted: May 11, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i figured playing indoor soccer all winter would help....ummm no. Im not too sore excpet for my ENTIRE back! Atleast the water was nice a smooth yesterday...and def alot warmer than 2 weeks ago.
b33nine
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Salem-ish

PostPosted: May 11, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weird, I wasn't sore really at all my first time this year. Maybe a bit in my back, but nothing like usual first time outs. I started lifting a month or two before my first trip and I made sure to do some squats and lunges and I think that helped as those areas are usually really sore on me after my first ride for the year.

I was definitely insta-winded though and I've been playing basketball at the gym. Hopefully I can get in better riding condition soon, it'd be nice to ride for longer than 15 minutes.
Medina
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Netherlands

PostPosted: May 12, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt do too much in the winter to workout. First 2 times of the season were very sore. After 3 weeks i am used to it again, and use to crashes Laughing

City: discoverybay

PostPosted: May 12, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is toltally normal!!
i am in great shape, and still, the first time i went rideing this season, i was hella sore the next day!! but you have to admit, its worth it!!!

JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: May 12, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out yesterday, 70 air, 55 water, I trunked it Mr. Green I only took 3 runs and didn't get real aggressive, so a little sore, mostly shoulders and upper back.
smitty1258
Criminal
Criminal

City: NW Ohio

PostPosted: May 12, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you guys stretching before you ride?
It's the fluid dynamics of intercollatical friction that occurs in board sports, you shred a certain object till it produces a magnetic field of anti gravitational forces that blows you into the cosmos as space dust.
Medina
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Netherlands

PostPosted: May 13, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never stretch before riding, i just do some warming up on the board Smile Wich is basicly some hard crashes and swimming, and then it gets better Laughing Razz
Criminal
Criminal

City: walnut ridge

PostPosted: May 22, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went out yesterday for first time water temp was nice. did some boarding for bout an hour and not as sore as i thought i would be but im sure when i go out next time it will be for more than an hour and i will be really sore Cool
Canucked
Addict
Addict

City: Edmonton

PostPosted: May 22, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time out was last weekend for me.

I gotta say, I sucked bigtime. I need to get in shape, sack up and re-learn how to wakeboard. I was very disappointed in my riding.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I've been to the gym everyday this week. I was so frustrated at how little endurance I had that it's giving me some motivation.

The worst part about it was the friend I ride with basically killed it, typically we are at about the same level.
ctgretzky99
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 22, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out yesterday for the full day, just my bud Matt and I.

Felt MUCH better this time. I am sore, but after 6 hours of wakeboarding yesterday, had an ice hockey game at 9 last night, so Im not sure which did it.

However, I was much improved yesterday on the board. Standing much taller and stronger.

Very Happy

JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: May 22, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctgretzky99, My brother, one of his buddies, and me went out Tues and Wed. after work. I'm a little tired but no soreness, and I feel myself getting strong fast.
Wakeboarder3780
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Wausau

PostPosted: May 23, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got pretty sore - and suck big time compared to last season. Then again I'm trying to learn a new board too, so that's a little different. In any case i usually stretch and didn't. I think that got me more sore than usual, but the parts where you can feel the muscles you don't usually use - thats just distance from the sport.

I am again realizing how irritated I am at having sacs all over the boat. I hate not being able to walk around. I have half a mind to cut big access holes in the floor and make little trap doors out of them and then stuff the sacs below the floor.

ctgretzky99
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 26, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, less sore each time. I have kept up my workout routine for off days, and still dieting, so little by little I feel I am getting stronger and healing faster.

I just wish I could get out more than once a week Sad THATS the part that is tough.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: