Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

suggestions on plans for my slider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graydon

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: suggestions on plans for my slider Reply with quote

Alright guys first off i have a pretty good size pond in my back yard perfect for winching and possibly dropping a ski in. There is one problem, the pond is about 10 feet deep so I cant pound any 4x4's or steel poles into the ground without them wobbling and trust me, I pounded the hell out of the 4x4 and steel pole but they still arent sturdy enough. However my buddies and I have come up with an idea like this..

Anchoring wise I guess im just gonna tie off a bunch of cinder blocks to it.

I know they aren't the most elaborate plans so dont flame me but in a general sense what do you guys think?
averagejoe4

PostPosted: May 17, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it would work if the bottom of your pond was relatively smooth and flat. you'll probably run into problems when it sits on logs or other trash that may make it uneven. and based on your plans i would have a diagonal strut not a horizontal one inside each of those triangles, it's more structurally sound. Hope you have access to a welder (preferably MIG) and you're good at it because thats gonna be a lot of work to put together. Seriously though the plans look good but i just don't see it sitting level once you put it in the water. You could always just work it in to the bottom. keep going down there with some goggles and moving trash and stuff out of the way so it fits.
averagejoe4

PostPosted: May 17, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it would work if the bottom of your pond was relatively smooth and flat. you'll probably run into problems when it sits on logs or other trash that may make it uneven. and based on your plans i would have a diagonal strut not a horizontal one inside each of those triangles, it's more structurally sound. Hope you have access to a welder (preferably MIG) and you're good at it because thats gonna be a lot of work to put together. Seriously though the plans look good but i just don't see it sitting level once you put it in the water. You could always just work it in to the bottom. keep going down there with some goggles and moving trash and stuff out of the way so it fits.
BigAirNZ
Criminal
Criminal

City: Auckland

PostPosted: May 17, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your general plan is good, we use the same approach for ours. well sort of! The pic is of the slider before it had a bit of an overhaul. Was going to be both a floating or a standing slider with adjustable legs.

Worked well on both accounts but eventually the barrels which we half filled with water broke apart some of our hard work due to the wake bouncing it up and down.
So now all the frameworks been taken out and weve just added a third leg in the middle. Stands pretty sweetly is strong as hell so far and we just use sandbags on the legs to keep it down, when wet they weigh a ton! Now we just have to double the length somehow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: