Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

OK, here's my Sanger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRoZ

City: Cathlamet, Wa.

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: OK, here's my Sanger Reply with quote

Thought I would stop by and say hi!! I do most of my boarding on the Columbia River or Lake Chelan, Wa. Here's my 92 Sanger DXII.
trevordj
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I love the color combo on your boat. It makes it look so clean. That tower really compliments its lines well.
brotherbrown831
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Oklahoma City

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the same tower I just put on my boat, H20, I haven't got to try it out yet but it looks solid... Have you had any problems?
NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NKC

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brotherbrown831 wrote:
Thats the same tower I just put on my boat, H20, I haven't got to try it out yet but it looks solid... Have you had any problems?

we have one, the only problem we had was the "drill sites" didnt quite line up. so make sure you assemble it without drilling or anything to see how it fits together and mark the correct spots.

DRoZ

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no complaints about the tower. Does wobble a bit in rough water. It was the only tower that I liked the shape of for my boat. Had a little trouble mounting my kicker tower speakers on there and drilling stainless steel is a bitch.

Getting excited to teach my 7 yo daughter to board this summer. Will probably buy a tower boom to teach her on.
NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRoZ wrote:
Had a little trouble mounting my kicker tower speakers on there and drilling stainless steel is a bitch.

yeah, it probably took us 4 hours to drill all holes. we didnt really have a problem mounting our tower speakers, the archs at the top hollow.

brotherbrown831
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mounting my tower wasn't bad at all, I have a lot of very mechanical friends. Mounting the kicker's wasn't to bad either. Running the wires was a pain! I just haven't got a chance to use the tower yet, but that will change this weekend. I going to try to brave the cold. Water temp is 52f right now!! Air should be mid 60's. Hoping water will be above 58 by this weekend. I haven't been in water that cold in 10 years. The tower seems to have just a little side to side movement but only an inch or so. Hopefully it will hold up ok.
NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brotherbrown831, we didnt drill our wires in. they are held by zip ties. i think i may use those stainless lines they use in cars and just run it up side of the tower. ours is the same way, about an inch of sway in it. otherwise its solid for being on my little boat
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brotherbrown831, what lake are you going to go to? You can do it man. We went last week in full suits in mid 50's water. We're planning to do the same this coming Saturday.
DRoZ

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the hardware store and bought a few pieces of sink waterline. It is white with silver crosshatching on it., was going to use the stainless steel but this looked better. Turned out pretty cool for $10. Used a chunk from the boat to tower then a piece between the top/bottom joint. I will grab a pic when I get back home next week.
brotherbrown831
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder, I'm going to go to draper. Im doing a little test and tune on the new fat sac placement and trying to dial in the wake. Me and a buddy just bought full suits so were going to give it a shot. I'm a Hawaii/Cali kid so i don't really do cold so much. Don't get me wrong the ocean in Cali is cold but its been a long time since I stepped foot in water below 75. However on another note, if these fires don't stop i might not have a boat this Saturday. I live 5 minutes from Draper and I have three major fires around my house.
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww come on. Don't be such a baby. I'm a former Cali boy, too. Wink I saw the fire situation. You're in my thoughts and prayers man! Hopefully the fires won't get too close to your house and they can get everything under control.
MasonH
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Eufaula

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, fires were in McClain county, which is where I live.

Don't let the Eufaula on my account fool you. That's my lakehouse.
brotherbrown831
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRoZ, Sorry to get so off topic. BTW you need to post some pics of the boat with the cans on the tower.

Okie Boarder, and MasonH, so far we have lost over a hundred houses. My neighborhood is fine but my best friend and his parents both lost their houses in Choctaw. No injuries though.

NKCrider, You got any pics? I have found a new love of looking at tower, rack, speaker set ups Laughing

NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brotherbrown831 wrote:
NKCrider, You got any pics? I have found a new love of looking at tower, rack, speaker set ups Laughing

nah man, i only have pre-restoration pics. ill get some at the end of may when the boats fully done and we start boarding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: