Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Trakker Video Camera Mounts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wake Trakker
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Trakker Video Camera Mounts Reply with quote

Is anybody using the Trakker Camera Mount at www.wakevideo.com? I'm looking for feedback on the product.
jonyb
Addict
Addict

City: Paducah

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but send me one and I'll give a review Very Happy
NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NKC

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonyb wrote:
No, but send me one and I'll give a review Very Happy

x2

wasnt there a guy that machined his own? looked similar to that...

ridininmd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one, it's one of the early models I think. It's cool if you just want to turn the camera on and record your set to pick apart stuff that you're working on. For putting together a video of your riding it doesn't touch a handheld. The shots are just kinda jerky, and the rider isn't usually centered.
Wake Trakker
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy one and try it for the summer; If you don't like it, send it back and I will give you a full refund. That is almost like giving it away.

It's hard to see in the pictures, but all of the new Trakkers are a polished 6061 aluminum. They look great on a boat.

Wake Trakker
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ridininmd, thanks. I am just taking over the product and want to get a feel for how people feel about it. The Trakker is meant to study yourself skiing. Also, it gives the camera man a break from trying to record set after set. Thanks again for the feedback.

Also, we fixed some of the jerking problem with the Dampener we added.

Last edited by Wake Trakker on Feb 19, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonyb
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have one, but just couldn't justify paying that much money for it... Not saying their overpriced or anything, but it did cost more than my camera.
Wake Trakker
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cost is a tough one. With the fabricated and polished parts plus the other components, I don't have that much room to work with.
jonyb
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely understand. I have a small business that's barely making it with the rent, light bill, and overtaxation.
Wake Trakker
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 24, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to give people a little insight to what Bryan, the inventor, had in mind when designing the Trakker Video Camera Mount.

First, he saw a need for serious skiers to view their sets and critically examine their technique. We believe the most productive use of the Trakker is to help a skier improve his performance and increase their competitiveness. We believe all competitive skiers need to video and review themselves to get to the next level.

Second, the Trakker is a great tool to get the younger skiers into the sport. They will benefit the most from the Trakker if they find they have an affinity for the sport. They'll enjoy showing their friends their “mad skills” on the lake. It is a great advantage to have access to a tool like the Trakker when you start a sport at a young age. I would like nothing more than to hear of a champion skier who had one of our camera mounts on their boats as a child and then grew to become a world class skier.

Third, for the ski and wake board instructor the Trakker helps show and explain good and bad technique. They can offer video of their student's strengths and weaknesses. It is a great visual aid.

Lastly, and probably the most important, just for the enjoyment of the sport. Every one can enjoy having videos to capture the fun of skiing and wake boarding.[img][/img]

Wake Trakker
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is some feedback a customer gave me regarding camera choices for use with, or without, the Trakker Video Camera Mounts. I though it was great information, including video, so I wanted to post it ASAP. I am just going to quote the email verbatim. The second video is a very good comparison of two different camera types. Great Information! Thanks Derek:

“I was able to get my hands on a HD video camera with a 3CCD sensor and let me tell you.. night and day difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FZ1tOgjCfk
(didn't align the mount right for surfing, so you can see most of the footage got cut out... but you can see there is no horrible vibrations anymore)

You should also mention on your site, that users only use 3CCD/CCD sensor cameras, not ones with a CMOS sensor.. check out the following video I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSWDP1Tsj1Y

spyd4r
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Wake Trakker Wink

Great service, and a great product... as long as you have a 3CCD camera Wink

as for the Trakker it's very well built, and tracks really well.. doesn't really show the tracking with surfing... but I'll get you guys a boarding video as soon as the weather in Southern Ontario starts cooperating Wink

take care.

Wake Trakker
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We now have inventory to support our newest TopMount modification. They are now able to accommodate some of the towers with the support section between the two pipes, like spyd4r's 2006 Moomba Mobius LSV. Here is a pic:
get_sum
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a suggestion for the wake surf issue.... Simply make a locking screw, either thumb screw or set screw or some kind of locking pin with different holes along a radius. Then you simply take the rope out of the eyelet and turn the camera by hand until the angle for surfing is found and lock it in via the set screw or pin. When it regular mode for wake shooting, there would be a little notch cut into a collar around the locking pin to hold the set pin from going into a hole.
Wake Trakker
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what issue you are referring to. Here is a video of the Trakker being used for Wakesurfing:

Looks good to me. Thank you Spyd4r for the Great Video!

Wake Trakker
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 29, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to make people aware of an uncommon opportunity. There is a Vpod available on Ebay. We are not making these any longer and I have had many request for them. I do not know the seller, so I cannot tell you the condition of the unit. See the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Air-Trakker-VPOD-Video-Display-Mirror-/280714705347

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Accessories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: