Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Macbook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broccoli B
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Grand Rapids

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Macbook Reply with quote

I need to buy a new Mac for work. This will be the first Mac we have ever purchased (Mid-size company, 1000 computers on the network). I am buying it to start testing and developing software using the new SDK for the iphone. I probably need to keep it around the $2000 mark, but I can get government discounts so can probably go as high as $2500 retail and still come in under $2000. What do you guys suggest to someone that knows none other than Windows?

lcap wrote:
you assume that i assume that my assuming is wrong and assume your assumption therefore must be correct.
Craig-R

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you can get the top of the line macbook and a pretty badass macbook pro for those prices you listed...they are the same computer only the macbook pro might be a little faster with a bigger screen
BrentC5Z
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
Wakin Dirrty
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nashville

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this gonna be a computer that you leave at work or do you want more of a laptop. You could look at getting something like a Imac if you were interested in just leaving it at your desk at work all the time. The Macbook pro is definatly a sweet computer to have.

Another thing to think about for that price ive heard you could have someone build you a computer and you would get twice and much for half the price. definatly look into everything before you spend your hard earned dollar. I think there is a company called Azzo.com and they will build a computer for you and have like a 10 year warrenty or something like that. Just something to check out.

Good luck to ya.
wakeboardert_rav

PostPosted: Nov 23, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I have only had windows my whole life and it does the job fine. However I just recently got a macbook for college and fricken love it. Its not harder to do things on there its acutally eaiser .... the thing that makes it seem hard is it is diffrent so that takes time learning how to do the things that you already have down pat.

The regualr mac books do a great job but the mac book pros are amazing
cmoroy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Dec 10, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a macbook pro when I got out of basic training 2 years ago and its the same computer I'm typing on now. This thing is great I will never go back to windows again
cmoroy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Dec 10, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a macbook pro when I got out of basic training 2 years ago and its the same computer I'm typing on now. This thing is great I will never go back to windows again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Business and Finance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: