Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tahoe Boat Owners

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Johnson City

PostPosted: Aug 29, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Tahoe Boat Owners Reply with quote

Sure they aren't inboards...But they get out and let you have fun on the water! I wanted to start this thread just to see what kind of Tahoe's everybody else is riding and their setup...Ballast, Speakers, Engine, Wake Size and pics of enjoying a good time on the lake!
get_sum
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um.. 06' Q4L with a standard 4.3L

Ballast consists of:
(2) - 50 lb sand bags under the bow cushions
(3) - 50 lb sand bags in the ski locker pushed all the way to the front
(2) - 50 lb sand bags, under each side of the engine under the seats
Cooler goes behind the driver where the most space is and it balances out the weight nicely.

Stock speakers for now.

I'm probably gonna change my propeller to a 4 or 5 blade SS and go one size down on the pitch pretty soon.

The pic of the wake is before a tower, a new board, some ballast, a better rope... Man, I need to take a camera out next time...

Last edited by get_sum on Dec 03, 2008 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
intotheflats
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Port Clinton, Oh

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own one but I am the sales manager for Tracker boats who sells Tahoe. I'd love to hear some feedback on how the wake is since I have never ridden behind a Tahoe before.

get_sum, You got your Q4 at the right time, the '08 models only have a 135HP 4banger in them and there isn't even an option to upgrade. You have to go up top the Q5 to get the 190HP V6.

*2011 wakeboarder.com fantasy football champion*
get_sum
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wanting to get a Q6.. but for the difference in price and the fact it wouldn't fit in my garage... I went with the leftover 06' model for a great price..
SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks For starting the Pic post...I thought I'd start the convo and then put up a couple pics as well Smile
2008 Tahoe Q6 with the 4.3L 190 HP. It has enough power to do what we want. It has the factory prop and factory tower and integrated Bimini.
I have added:
Tower Mirror
Bazooka 8 Inch Tubbies
Boss Wakeboard Racks
Bow Filler cushion
700 Lbs in Fat sacs (350 in the locker, 350 under bow filler cushion)
Cooler is integrated into the back bench seat.
Plan on:
Putting a sub in
Perfect Pass Star Gazer

Me and My sweetie enjoying an evening

My Buddy Goofing around

And GetSum....regarding the fitting in the garage part...yeah I have the same problem..my Q6 is about 3 inches too wide for the garage...Luckily we had a barn we weren't using so we cut up the second floor to be able to put the boat in...only thing that sucks is I have to winterize instead of controlled climate...
get_sum
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winterizing.. what's that? I don't believe in that... Last year.. I went out on New Year's Day.... did I mention how much I Love Florida?
HHI Dave
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Hilton Head Island, SC

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'06 Tahoe Q4L with the puny 3.0 135hp Mercruiser.

Monster Tower with two board racks and mirror
MA Audio 1,000 watt amp
2 8" BASS subs
4 Liquid Sounds tower speakers
19p stainless prop
hydrofoil
600 lb fatsac in the bow

Hilton Head Wake Sports on Facebook
get_sum
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey show me some pics of that hydrofoil and some info about where and how much you paid for it. Does it work well? Is it easy to adjust?
HHI Dave
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Aug 30, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get_sum, Here's a pic. Cost about $40. Easy to install, drill 4 holes. No adjustments needed.

FlyZone CR
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode behind this one a couple times. Not sure what type it is. Think it's 19 ft and has 200 HP or so. Year 2000-ish(?).
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showphoto.php/photo/17364/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/36057

Wake is decent, though we never really weighted it down, just people.
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showphoto.php/photo/17365/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/36057

Having no windshield sucks, imo. What amazed me was the flex in the tower. Could have imagined something like this as a cheap aftermarket add on but hadn't thought any builder would put such a flexy thing on their boats.

One thing: Are they only being made in yellow or something?! Confused
HHI Dave
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyZone CR wrote:
One thing: Are they only being made in yellow or something?! Confused

Sure seems like it doesn't it? Laughing I've seen them in red, black, green, and blue too so the answer is "no", but its definitely popular.

And for the record, yellow would not have been my first choice. It happened to be the one they had in stock that met my needs and my budget at the time. Its my first boat. Its been a pretty good boat considering what it is, an entry level runabout.

If I can give only one piece of advice to Tahoe owners its this...get the extended warranty. I use my boat almost exclusively for wakeboarding and skating, not swilling beer at the sandbar. It gets used hard and it gets used year round. stuff breaks. Having the extended 5 year warranty paid for iteslf in the very first year and I've still got almost 4 years left on it. Worth every penny.

SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely would agree on getting the extended warranty. I got the 7 year extended warranty and I pay $50 if anything breaks and they cover the rest. Totally worth it. As far as the yellow, There aren't many Tahoe's on our lake (me and 2 other people) and the other person owns a 06 or 05 yellow which is more citrus than mine and the other is blue. No Towers on either and I don't even think they board. I picked the yellow color with the options I wanted so that was my choice...lol As far as that pic of the older Tahoe, weird looking without a windshield and it looks more like the deck model boat. Overall, I've been very happy with mine and it has not been beached yet, but it is very sturdy built and holds up well...I'll post the pics of the factory tower mounts and screws on here soon...we just got back from the lake and we are headin out tomm morning to board again Smile
dbismyname
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Clarksville

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely lookin into a tahoe in the next two years. Mainly I want to buy new so I know every second of the boat's history and a new inboard is not in my price range. Also I run on a river and we do like to beach on occasion. I/O just overall would be better for me.

What I want to know is, is the Q4 3.0 that underpowered? If I go up to the Q5 I can get the 4.3 The Q6 actually seems to not have much upgrades for the cost difference. Plus it only carries one extra passenger taking it up to 9. I haven't gone and talked to my dealer yet, but I just wanted to see what you tried and true owners think. So far it looks like I can have decked out Q5 for around 27. And my dealer here has a great rep. They have great feedback on their service. Definitely gettin the extended warranty too.
SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my Tahoe, I would recommend Perfect Pass and a smaller pitch prop. I am getting perfect pass in about a month after riding in a boat with it and its amazing the difference.
The Q6 for some reason has been canceled and the Q5 replaced it. The Q6 has a deeper draw in the water so it is a little more stable in rough water and it a little heavier than Q4. My 4.3 pulls it great and has the power for sure.
That price seems pretty high for a Q5 though. I got a loaded Q6 (tower racks, put the stereo in after wards, bow filler cushion, 7 yr warranty, etc.) for 26k....
I think its a great boat and when you trim it up it creates a nice and rampy but not too quick steep wake. Definitely the extended warranty as an option because it will help.
Ive had mine for a year and 2 months and it has held up well and I get compliments every time I take it out...bass fishermen to wakeboard boats comin up and saying nice boat and asking about it...
Keep in mind that the weight limit is higher on the Q6 than Q4 too I believe, Somebody with a Q4 could make sure I was right on that...
Either way if you get it post it on here, would love to see it!
and if you have any questions let me know!
Greg
dbismyname
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah me and my boardin bud have been usin his outboard so we're not too bad at throttle control Laughing so i'll get away without perfect pass for a while. I originally called the dealer to ask if they would do the tower upgrade and they said they would even change to whatever pitch of ss prop i wanted for free. The reason it seems pricey is because that includes the sony system with upgraded interior speakers and two tower speakers and racks. Also the new Q5 has a 35 gallon cooler under the middle rear seat and a 14 gal under the side rear seat. storage is just great. so yeah as soon as I get it it'll be on here fa shooo
thanks for the pics just makes me even more sure on this boat
SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the middle rear seat is awesome for a cooler...the front two seats in mine are coolers, and the glove compartment is also a cooler and the rear engine box on the left is a cooler too...We just use the middle seat as a cooler and everywhere else for storage (towels, anchor, etc.) Awesome that he will change the pitch of the prop for you...the only thing you need to keep in mind is that it won't go as fast as the factory prop (not much mileage loss) and WOT will hit quicker, but Im sure hole shot and speed control will be easier. I decided against the SS here because of the rocks and sand bars when they drop the lake...If you can get the bimini integrated into the tower...trust me, its worth it..
dbismyname
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm in a river myself and we have a sandbar i like to beach at in the afternoon, for drinkin time of course and the girls love it. so should i go with aluminum to drop the risk of lower unit damage? people seem to ride the fence on that topic. also i think i will go with the integrated bimini, seems to be only around a $300 difference
SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Sep 18, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, I would go with an aluminum prop...I would rather replace a $75 prop than a 1500 outdrive...The thing I always understood about the difference is the prop will break and not stip the gears, the SS will not break and has the potential of stripping the gears. I have the Stainless Steel Bimini Top...I think its a little more expensive than the aluminum, but either way get the bimini...it will help...Smile
Also, get the bow filler cushion...they are a $95 add on and they make the front more comfy and bigger...I think if you get it after the fact the price jumps ...
dbismyname
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys should go to the site and look at the 09 line up. The q5 now has a new graphics package with a black tower. My mind is so made up now Twisted Evil
SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been to it...its pretty nice...Still kinda bummed they killed out the Q6..
SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Into the flatts....why did they kill off the Q6...I thought it was a pretty good seller for midsized runabout...
intotheflats

City: Port Clinton, Oh

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverMustang35, I really don't know of the specific reason. I can tell you that the Q6 and the Q7 are the exact same hull. The only difference was the interior configuration and the Q7 has the walk through transom.

*2011 wakeboarder.com fantasy football champion*
SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Oct 22, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet...I did not know that about the Q6 hull...Interior did look different...Glad I have the whole back seat instead of walkthrough transom...The deeper hull I think cuts better for a better wake....Im sure im wrong on that, but it at least makes me feel like that haha...
Thanks intotheflats

SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Nov 08, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbismyname , did you ever get a Tahoe? I know you talked about it but I never heard anything more...if you did post pics up..
Oh btw...
Adding to my list ...lol
Got PP Stargazer on and it is awesome
Put a 10" Kicker Solo Barik in ,
Upgraded interior speakers,
changed out amp for tower speakers and sub
and Added another 750lbs in ballast for the locker.
Just order another (2) 85lb sacs to move around as necessary.
Weight on ballast alone looks like it is 1600- ish..
Awesome Wake
Trading down to a 19 pitch prop once I find one...anybody got one they want to sell?? lol

dbismyname
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still holdin off right now. GF is bein the voice of reason and wants me to wait till I finish school and give it to myself as a graduation present. Don't know if I can wait four years though. Maybe I should have went to college sooner. Embarassed

But I'm aslo having trouble figurin out if I'm gonna buy a new tahoe or get a slightly used Moomba. The more and more I think about it and keep readin wbd'r and ww I almost want to get an inboard for the speed control and hole shot. It's not even ridin season and thinkin about buyin a boat is keepin me up at night Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: