Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Concave?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmm84

City: Feeding Hills

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Concave? Reply with quote

What does it mean if your board is "concave"? And what affect does it have on riding?

Thanks,
~M
Wazzy
Addict
Addict

City: Illinois

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

concave?? Are you talking about camber? Or is the top of the deck concave????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mmm84

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I mean the bottom of the board is supposedly concave. I don't know how or why...

I went to have my board tuned and the guy there said it was concave, and that I should have it stone ground to fix it. Honestly, I don't know much about tuning, so I wasn't really sure if it was necessary. Figure I'd ask about it here first before I had anything done to it.
billyjodonjimbob
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By concave, the tech is meaning that the base has worn down near the edges alot more than in the middle of the deck. Basically your base is no longer flat and level.

This means that you have to lean harder and do more work go maintain the same edge as if you had a flat base.

But really, it isn't that noticeable.

Stone grinding would get it back to that level state if you are worried about it.
mmm84

PostPosted: Nov 07, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billyjodonjimbob wrote:
By concave, the tech is meaning that the base has worn down near the edges alot more than in the middle of the deck. Basically your base is no longer flat and level.

This means that you have to lean harder and do more work go maintain the same edge as if you had a flat base.

But really, it isn't that noticeable.

Stone grinding would get it back to that level state if you are worried about it.

Ah ha! Ok, thanks! I'm still new at this but I did notice I was having a tough time riding last year, more so than the season before. I thought I was just rusty, but it never improved no matter how often I went.

Hopefully, things will be better after I fix it. I'd hate to find out that I just suck at riding! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: