Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Pics of Our New Boat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
USAF_C6

City: Moore

PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Pics of Our New Boat Reply with quote

New here to the forums, but thought I would share. Cool

We traded an 03' Glastron DX235 (Not condusive to our new found hobby of wakeboarding)

and picked up an 08' Rinker 246 R2. I know it's an I/O... but we are super happy with it! Has the Merc 350 Mag Bravo 3, Trim Tabs, and Merc DTS with SmartTow system.

Anyhoo' here are the pics!

The tower made things so much easier... was suprised how much of a difference there was from the standard rear tow. Shocked

We still need to name her, so if anyone has ideas, toss em out! Very Happy
NKCrider
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NKC

PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked that thing is a tank...
USAF_C6

PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man does she scoot though. Had her hauling the mail at 47 mph at 3/4 throttle one morning, solid as a rock. Only 3 people on board, but it is no slouch for sure.

Still learning about whats a good wake and what isn't, since I can't get any air yet (Still learning) But the wake is much bigger and more defined than our old boat.

Anyhoo' she's big boat, but we wanted something that would be fun for wakeboarding and still have lots of room to entertain at the cove. Wink
bjeremi
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Owasso

PostPosted: Oct 28, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you have plenty of freeboard to work with I would sack the hell out of the front and call it good. Maybe a couple of masterline 600's. One in the skilocker and one up front in the bow. If you want to save you walkway you could always go with the sack in the ski locker and an integrated bow sack.
SilverMustang35
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Johnson City

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely throw some sacs in the front and ski locker.....My I/O loves bow weight and it drops it down and planes faster. How is the mercury smart tow? I am getting Perfect Pass Stargazer on mine because Smart Tow wasnt avaliable for my engine. That boat is very big and looks like a beast. If you get any pics of the interior and wake post em up here.
For weight options, I would do the same as what BJeremi was talking about.
We have a bow filler cushion and under it we put a 350 lb fat sac and then the locker had a 350 lb in it...The locker is now switching to a 750lb sac and the 350 is moving to the back....should be interesting. Are you trimming it at all too? We run at about 1/4 to 1/2 trim and its tall and rampy...Awesome boat though and you will definitely enjoy it for a time to come!

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a big boat! I bet it throws a pretty good wake though. Start working with buying some ballast bags and weighting the front. A friend of mine has a Four Winns 210SS. We tried putting my 440# bag in the front and it helped. I'd bet you could get away with near 1000# in the front and then maybe around 500# somewhere in the rear. You can also play a lot with the trim to clean up the wake and make it more defined.

Is that Draper in the pictures?

I live in the Tulsa area now and will be moving to OKC area when I sell my house. I've been to Draper once and got a pull from a fellow wb.com member there.

This is a good place for advise and there are quite a few people on here that have I/O's that can throw out some good ideas to really do wonders with your wake. I've had an I/O for the last few years, but will be getting an inboard this off-season. I've had a pretty good opportunity to mess around with ballast bags and trim on an I/O and would be glad to help you make the most of yours.

BrentC5Z
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Tulsa

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF_C6, Guessing you have an '05 or newer vette. I want pics of that!
USAF_C6

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks for all the replies guys! Like I said we are really happy with the new ride. Just sad the season was over and had to put it up.

Anyhow, as far as wake and ballast and stuff. I plan to cross that bridge when I get there. Right now it has plenty of wake for me and my wife, as we both just started this past season. Hell, I just learned to get up on the thing in August! Laughing But we are loving it and looking forward to progressing alot more next year! Cool

Silvermustang 35: SmartTow is awesome! Wife can drive the boat like a pro with it. You just set your profile, and floor it. It does the rest. Also, displays alot of other really usefull engine data and such when not towing. Really cool. One of my favorite things about the boat.

Okie Boarder : Yeah that was Draper in the pics. It's about 15 min from the house, so we drop in there often when we don't want to spend the whole day.

Brent87LT1: Yeah I have an 06' Long tubes, High Flow cats, Cat back, Intake, Tune... etc. Here's a pic I took of my pride and joy for all the Vette fans, Enjoy!

My 10+ Years in the Military wrapped up in a gift to me. Wink

Keep the replies coming fellas' still need to come up with a name for her! (The Boat)
Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had any interesting experiences with the boat yet that might contribute to finding a name?
bjeremi
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Owasso

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey USAF do you know a John Ehrhart?
USAF_C6

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name isn't ringing a bell... but that don't mean anything as I am horrible with names.. Rolling Eyes

Why do you ask?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: