Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

What am I doing wrong!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WakeBoardingQT

City: Bridgeport

PostPosted: Aug 15, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: What am I doing wrong!!! Reply with quote

Hey I just got the new 132 Jet and CT wing boots and I love the setup! It rides great, just can't get a good pop! I did have a 130 Hyperlite Eden and I got more pop out of it than I am with the Jett, Whats the deal?

I just started to wakeboard late May and I am already trying to clear the wake. I was closer to clearing the wake with my Hyoerlite than with my Jett. Any tips?
actionmama
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Mountain Home

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great setup. Its gotta be leaps and bounds better than your last.

Think about what you're doing-is it the exact same? Was it choppy when you last went out? I typically ride like crap in the chop (inconsistent)-then when I get nice water, I tear it up (consistent). It is very hard for me to focus on the basics when I am getting beat up.

Not sure what to tell ya-that board has GOT to be better than the last. Does it feel way different than your other? You may need to adapt your riding to the different way the board handles. Ensure you are doing the basics correctly...line tension, building an edge, standing tall etc.

What I've found is-when all else fails-ride what works for you. Maybe the Amber Wing setup isn't for you. I bought a new RONIX COY/RISE setup. Hated it. That thing really stuck to the water and I love the loose feel of the LF Watson. Don't even think I got as far as doing any W2W jumps with it. I was like this stinks-sold it.

Give it a session or two, feel it out...hopefully it'll come together and progress your riding. Perhaps review a how to DVD like 'THE BOOK". If not-keep trying or go with what you know.
WakeBoardingQT

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I will try that! Maybe I am being to hard on myself but I think not! lol How long should it usually take to go W2W?
actionmama
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 18, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone progresses differently . Two summers ago I was super nervous about biffing at speed, so I was always pulled slow and never got across the wakes. Finally, I got the speed where it needed to be, and I committed to hitting/clearing it. This year...its like I don't even think about it.

I also had to push myself to start working TS W2W jumps and 180's from both sides and I made myself do it at speed. The HS thing was getting boring so I made myself do it despite being nervous about biffing at speed. I have fallen numerous times at speed and am still okay-so I just keep pushing. I'm very close to TS W2W; I'm almost better doing a W2W TS FS 180. My HS FS 180's are a bit sketchy still but I'm landing on top of the wake-so gonna call it good and just keep trying to dial it all in.

It also depends on how much you go out. I try to go 1-3 times a week and both days on the weekends if I'm lucky. So I've had plenty of time to push.

If you are nervous, you will have to break that mental block. Edge hard and go for it no matter what happens. Set goals...picture it in your mind-watch the CHICK FLICK.
WakeBoardingQT

PostPosted: Aug 20, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only go out on Sundays! So one day a week and I started in late late May this year. So I am hoping to get it down before this season is over- maybe an unrealistic thing but hey I just need to commit right? So my boyfriend told me that when I come in to the wake to clear it just to stand up when I hit the bottom of the wake and I will get a really good pop is that true? Or do you have any secrets in how to do it because my speed is really good.
actionmama
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 21, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your boyfriend knows what he's doing-go with that...IMO its more than just standing tall at the wake...that is simply part of it.

Cut out, line gets loose, flatten out...wait for the line to tense back up. Begin a gradual cut, building as you go-so that your hardest edge is at the wake. As he instructed stand tall (around the whitewash area). If you have a good wake-this should work for you.

My wake is superlame...so I do the above, but I am pretty certain I do a sort of ollie off the wake. I think if you have a good wake, the pressure from your progressive edge makes like an ollie an pops you-standing tall would exaggerate this.

Have someone video you-then you can see if you maintain the correct edge. You should be throwing a spray until you leave the wake.

Good luck!
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Texas

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter rides the jet - and I ride the LF team - I hate the jett - it is really hard to put on edge - just look at how thick the edge of the board it - my daughter struggles to keep it on edge - but she can do it..........

that may be the difference - you are not fully putting the board on edge

I like to really dig when I cut into the wake - the jett was difficult to do that comared to riding a board with a sharper edge

JMO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: