Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Jackson Hole @ X-Mas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Se7en
Addict
Addict

City: Somewheresville

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Jackson Hole @ X-Mas Reply with quote

I've got some time off right after Christmas this season and I was thinking about taking a trip to Jackson. Anyone have any idea what kind of snow conditions I'll be seeing while I'm there at that point in the season? I'm an EC'er so really any amount of snow would be great.
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Man Jose

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a total toss up at that point, you'll have to keep and eye on November and December to see what falls. I know this past year was insane for them, but often the Tetons, as well as the Wasatch don't really start firing until Jan.

Hopefully the Tram should be complete, I believe they are on schedule.

TJacob44

City: Springfield

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family and I have been going there for the past 4 years to ski and snowboard. We go during christmas break. Every time I've gone there it was amazing. They get a ton of snow each year, and the tram will be done. My dad signed up for a Jackson Hole snow report. It is pretty cool. He tells you how much snow they got, and other things. My opinion go.
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this website with historical data by month from 06/07 back. It looks as if they average around 100 inches of snowfall though Dec. on average. I'm guessing that's enough to have the entire mountain open but not enough to drop Corbet's. Laughing

http://members.aol.com/crockeraf/

Se7en
Addict
Addict

City: Somewheresville

PostPosted: Sep 09, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent info guys, thanks! Just booked my trip!
ohdoor
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: OKC

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Jacksonhole for the first time in Febuary. Best snowboarding trip I've been on by far. As far as going in December... couldn't tell you what to expect.
AOliver
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: Sep 27, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se7en,

You won't regret it. Have fun out there- I just spent my summer working with Teton Gravity Research and fell in love with Jackson. I may be heading back up around Christmas as well...

Another bonus is the new tram as jryoung mentioned- everyone is so hyped about it. Take pics and enjoy yourself!

-JAO

hanssapo
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Mexico

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question, would you recommend me going to Jackson Hole with my family even though most of my cousins, uncles and aunts are still beginners?
jryoung
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 28, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I've never been there the mountain make-up is largely advanced and expert. While it does have beginner and intermediate runs, they are not a large make-up of the mountain.

I think there are a lot better options out there that can provide a better experience for all types of riders/skiers. Utah (Snowbird, The Canyons), Colorado (Breckenridge, Aspen) and California (Lake Tahoe Area) will probably provide a bit better experience for all.

hanssapo
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Mexico

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I would like to go there someday, like I said the problem is that many members of my family are still beginners. Anyway I'm stoked because I booked everything already for a trip to Park City this christmas. Haven't been there, but everyone keeps saying it's huge and the snow is one of the best.
fast4winns

City: St. Louis

PostPosted: Sep 30, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Jackson Hole Reply with quote

I'm actually trying to decide between Jackson Hole and Tahoe between Christmas and New Years.

It looks like there is one good mountain at Jackson Hole and then two smaller mountains???

Any recomendations on where to stay?

And what about Tahoe, there are like 6 or 7 mountains out there, what are each of them like?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: