Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

wakesurfing goofy foot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfinggrrrl

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: wakesurfing goofy foot Reply with quote

HI
I am ocean longboard surfer, for years, strickly goofy foot. I tried wakesurfing first time, on a friends boat, with a 9' board years ago. So, when wakesurfing became popular my husand bought a 5'6" hyperlite.
We have a mastercraft X2, so we surf on the left(passenger side) of the boat. We tried the other side, but the wake is mush, even with the balast adjusted.

We make a great wake for it, my husband and some of our friends are really good, free riding, tricks, etc. But they all ride regular. I have tried many times, regular and goofy, and I can't control the board that well.

Left foot forward is really akward, and I have no control on my toe edge. I end up shooting out to left, and can't make it back into the wake.

Another problem is the board, I can't seem to make the adjustment to this twig of a surfboard! The shortest board I have ever ridden is 8'!

I am riding switch more on the wakeboard. In the ocean, I have only attempted it a few times, unsuccesfully.

I made an indo board, out of one of our old wakeboards, will that help??
Does anybody have any suggestions? Embarassed

thanks
surfinggrrrl
surfzup

City: Acworth

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I did.

I have never ocean surfed, but I wake surf all the time. I ride strictly goofy on the surf too, and it is so limiting! I can ride switch much better on a wakeboard, but you've got bindings to keep you stable. Goin ropeless is easier than thought but if I try any tricks I have to stay on the rope or I loose the push.

I hope you hear something tho!

JRW160
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntsville

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year X2? A friend of mine has an 07, and I always surf on the starboard side. The wake isn't quite as good, but it's not that bad.
surfinggrrrl

PostPosted: Aug 25, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRW160

a 2003 X2, maybe that makes a difference, our wake on that side is all mush, no push at all, when set up for wakesurfing.

surfinggrrrl
JRW160
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Huntsville

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a completely different hull, so they aren't comparable at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakesurfing and Surfing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: