Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

tried my first 360

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizzyj
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: tried my first 360 Reply with quote

I tried my first 360. hs, fs? I think, always get thoes confused. left foot forward, turning counterclockwise. This is my first time trying any trick besides simple w2w grabs.

Got a nice pop, started my spin, passed the handle, got to 180, thought "hey, im goign the wrong way!" continued around, purposfully dropped the handle, cause I figured my first try I wouldnt try to land it. passed 270, spotted my landing, hit it, stayed up, then wished I had kept the handle.

even tho it doesnt count till I ride away, I had a grin from ear to ear all day yesterday, and still do.
vance

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man im at the same spot as you. i tried my first hs bs 360 on sunday. got it the first time because i dropped the rope but the board popped out from underneath anyways. i had all this confidence after that so i got right up tried again and got the crap knocked out of me so abd it shifted all the padding my jp vest all around. had a nice headache after that. what happened was i got off axis after the first 180 and the tail of the board caught first and just slammed me. but i can' t wait to get out there and try again. Very Happy Very Happy
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normal cut, nothing too intense, stand tall off the wake and wait until you feel the pop, then start your spin, keep the handle in close and commit to the full 360. Meet the handle w/ your rear hand as soon as you can, you can land holding on w/ just your front hand but the line tension gets pretty heavy so try to meet it w/ that rear hand to help you get control and ride away clean.
vance

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would a grab help the rotation or just throw you off axis?
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will definitely throw you off axis, if you aren't comfortable with the rotation the last thing you want to do is suck your legs up and complicate the motions. I can't reach for grabs for crap on spins b/c I always try to do it off the wake and I lose air control.
M-Dolla

City: Minnesota

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try 3's I get way off axis. How do you guys keep yourselves balanced, I know I'm doing something wrong.
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 17, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about popping straight up and wait longer to initiate the spin, you should be able to spin a three on the way down if you get good pop.

And if you leave the wake unbalanced, don't worry about throwing the 3, just worry about recovering and landing.
SanderB
Criminal
Criminal

City: The Netherlands, Loosdrecht

PostPosted: May 18, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And try not to look at the water when rotating, just keep your eyes on the horizon.
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: May 21, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda off subject but does anyone have advice for 360's on a snowboard? I can get 'em around easy, but then I get off axis after the 1st 180. I always lean back and land on my butt. Embarassed

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 21, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can start a 360 early if you don't have too much speed, cork yourself a little before the release and don't try to 'throw' it, just pop and spin. Getting around should be easy, use your head and find your landing, your body will follow. And don't talk about snowboarding, thats a frustrating subject for the next 6+ months.
dizzyj
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may seem obvious, but maybe not, look where your going. lead the 360 with your head, your shoulders and then your feet will follow. It even seems like your only doing a 180, cause you can look behind you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: