Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

PWC issues....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazzy
Addict
Addict

City: Illinois

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: PWC issues.... Reply with quote

OK, I have a question for you guys. My GF bought an 04 Wake Edition late last year. This weekend we decided to use it instead of uncovering the boat between the rains. We were able to pull my mom on a slalom ski, but when we went to skate neither one of us could get up? Just seemed to plow water. When I was pulling the GF I stood up & leaned over the handle bars & had my mom scoot forward on the seat...but nothing... we switched & I had the same issues as my GF. Getting kinda pi$$ed, I grabbed my wakeboard & was able to get up with that (had to "give a little" (advance on the rope) to the jet ski to allow it to plane though)
Any thoughts??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jun 23, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you deep water starting, or is the board floating on the surface of the water? That ski should have WAY more than enough power...I'm guessing it's just an issue with how you're trying to get up.
Wazzy
Addict
Addict

City: Illinois

PostPosted: Jun 24, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deep water.....

try'd a few ways... standing on board under the water & also floating on my back holding the board in front up by the surface..

granted we aren't skinny little emo kids, but still... I would hope it would have the power...

Can we change the impeller to get more out of the hole... Like a boat??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
actionmama
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Mountain Home

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the ski is cavitating-could be a problem with the ski. I have a 99 Waverunner 1200 GP that pulls me out of the water on a skate no problem. I will tell you the skate does seem to push water way more than a wakeboard.

You may need to replace the impeller cuz it is worn out...really...I'm pulling out people that weigh like 185lbs.

I rest my feet on top the board (board is flat). I hold the skate with one hand and rope with the other. Soon as the ski is started (no rope slack) the board comes up and sticks to my feet. I then make my feet adjustments and signal to pull me up. Then I get up...
j_glenn06

City: Baxley (home) Tifton (school)

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hade the the same problem with mine! I way almost 200lbs!! lol It can be so many things but what we found out that my fuel injection hose was stoped up so!
02LaunchSSV

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the intake grate and impeller, chances are you have weeds or trash or worse, impeller could be worn down allowing all water to thrust around between the impeller and walls. I have a 750 and all my friends can get up with a skate no problems. I know that Sea Doo has more power than that!
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it has to be your form getting up. I used to have the biggest piece if S#!T jetski you can imagine, and it had little to no power at all and I could get up fine behind it.
hco
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Danbury

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its because its a seadoo.
josh154

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hco wrote:
its because its a seadoo.

QFT
Jake Myers

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seadoo's rock!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: