Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterdork88
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: lake placid

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: boards Reply with quote

i think this is the right place for this topic

i need a wakeboard meant for hitting sliders. what are these boards made out of and how are they different than regular boards?
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Russia

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are regular boards. Just take off the fins.
dan.smith
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the '06/'07 Premier had these plastic rails on the bottom that were supposed to keep from ruining the bottom of the board. Not sure how it worked as (1) I immediately removed them once I got the board and (2) have never hit a rail in my life...
hurley
Criminal
Criminal

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ronix one has a rolled edge in the middle and a flat bottom that helps doing sliders, but any board works fine
Krown77
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Haliburton

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my jibbing board is a super old finless krown plug... absolutely no rails of any kind on the bottom, i was at basecamp in muskoka this summer and the guys were all telling me that it was a dope slider board
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jan 07, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having side molded fins are the best for slider boards. You don't want a hump in the middle if you go off a kicker or something. Just make sure you get somthing durable. I have 2 old HL boards for slider boards that are solid and heavy (fluid and Byerly). I have 2 LF boards and wouldn't touch them on a slider. They're just too light and it seems like they would break too easily.
Riddick
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: May 07, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slingshot makes awesome boards for it.
ShAkAjAcK
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Lexington

PostPosted: May 08, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riddick, good eye boy. i ride the ronix one but slingshot's flex boards along with liquid force's new flex board are meant for sliders
Bluedevil202

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are regular boards but without fins, i would use an older board if i were you tho
wake_quake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Brisbane

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used my natural on sliders/kickers the last 2 weekends. I did go quite hard and hit them all day, but my board is destroyed. it is worn down to the fibreglass on the bottom and all 4 corners are chipped off. i usually use a cwb sol (they hold up quite damn well) as my slider board but my mate was borrowing it.

so yeh, although you look noobish using an old stuff board.. it is definatly alot more logical.

BoarderDudeErik

City: Pickerington

PostPosted: Nov 02, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liquid Force made a new Substance Grind. I don't have it though. I do have a 2006 LF substance and love it so I don't know how different the grind model would be.
tYmorlang

City: tapawingo

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride a 08 Ronix IBEX finless on sliders and behind the boat. havent had many troubles with it besides a cracked nose corner when I was 270 transfering on to the top rail of a fun box and didnt get high enough, but I think that would happen on any board. it is still rideable.
SPYOPTIC.com
WAKEBOARDSD.net
43:2 PRODUCTIONS wake, moto, wedding, and anything else you need on pic or vid
LFrider139
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Shelbyville

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperlite Roam...I have one and I love it. Complemented my 08 Murrays. It's great.
mmolinar

City: Austin

PostPosted: Feb 21, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use a old board grab ur cohones and go!!!
drewproses
Criminal
Criminal

City: Tampa

PostPosted: Mar 12, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh the frustration... These are the boards I have gone through in the last 6 months since I started riding cable:

CWB Absolute Platinum- Was my wake riding board and all I had, platinum is too light of a board and it delamed after a few slider sessions. Definitly need a heavier board.

Gator Militant- This board held up really well on sliders, somehow I just cracked it down the center.

Hyperlite 3DS- The spine in the center wore out in about 1 month. Spines are no good for sliders.

Liquid Force Substance Grind- Broke this thing on my 4th day with it. The grind base seems good, but the side delamed and once water got into it, it became super weak and broke.

I think I am going to purchase a Slingshot Recoil next. I will be so happy if that board will get me through a whole season. I heard that the construction of the board makes it so that it wont delaminate. Am I making the right decision?
dav1268
Criminal
Criminal

City: Boston

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody ridden any of the new liquid force grind series boards? I ride a my bro's LF PS3 and love it but I'm moving so I'm soon to be boardless. I want a board I can use for everything but I'm not sure if these "grind" boards are going to be durable enough to warrant buying one... Any thoughts or experiences with these boards?
dav1268
Criminal
Criminal

City: Boston

PostPosted: Mar 23, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dav1268 wrote:
Has anybody ridden any of the new liquid force grind series boards? I ride a my bro's LF PS3 and love it but I'm moving so I'm soon to be boardless. I want a board I can use for everything but I'm not sure if these "grind" boards are going to be durable enough to warrant buying one... Any thoughts or experiences with these boards?
Apparently drewproses already answered that last question... anybody else have an opinion?
dday

PostPosted: Nov 27, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the 2010 142 liquid force shane limited has a slider base? I know the 2009 138 limited came with a slider base but was not sure about the 2010.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: