Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

To be part of it

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: rowlet, tx.

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: To be part of it Reply with quote

i just realized i cool it feels to be part of wakeskating. i've been wakeskating for like 2 years and i know that i have not really been in the forefront of pushing the sport, but i feel like i have had a hand in it. Ive tought like 3 or 4 of my friends how do wakeskate and some of them are wanting to get there own. I know i came into the sport a lil after it all started but im still tehre and seeing how much its come in the past 2 years. And knowing that im a part of it that were all a part of it, and seeing that its finally becomeing its own sport, and that every day were taking bigger and bigger steps away from being and offset of wakeboarding.
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Blue Springs, MO

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true. and it is strange how when even i started wakeskating last summer that things such as a 360 shuv-it seem soooo, i don't know how to expain it, but just so advanced and i would just pray for the day when i could land one, and now i am getting close which feels so great.
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know how you feel, like mabye this is why its so more appealing than wakeboarding because its so new and that the ones of us who are out there every day doing it are getting down some of the tricks that the pros where just learning like a season or two ago
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. whenever i take friends out they usually want to try the wakeboard out first just because they know more about that than wakeskating. they always have a lot of trouble getting their feet in and out of the bindinds and so by the end of the weekend they are always like "now i can see why you just wakeskate, all you have to do is throw on your shoes and you are ready to go" and then all they want to do is wakeskate. and i think this will be a factor in being more appealing to people and getting more people involved. which is always good. Very Happy
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea taht and u dont have to spend 15 bucks a bottle on binding lube, a carry my old flat cassette with a foam top and my 4-trac so i let them try wich ever, they most of the time go for the foam cause they dont want to get there shoes wet
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what i do. i let them ride the foam, i don't let many people ride my concave cause since they are beginners they don't really need it, and i don't want them to mess it up to much.
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea same here but if its one of my friends that has been wakeboarding for awhile wants to use the 4-trac i dont care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: