Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

TS problem!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krashr31
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Florida

PostPosted: May 30, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: TS problem! Reply with quote

When riding TS i can land front rolls w/ grabs Backrolls with grabs, Backroll to revert. Extremely close to a crow mobe, etc...
What's messed up and pissing me off is that my TS 3's suck (low and slow) and i can't do fives. ( i can do HS 5's)

So i started trying to do really big TS wake jumps into the flats, half the time i get all this spray off my board like the nose is cutting into the wake (or my binding) this causes my board to stop and i go out the front.
This does'nt happen on any of my inverts or if i'm not trying to go big, i don't get it!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? Why is my board getting caught up at the lip!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

QUESTIONS:

Is my nose cutting into the wake, because i don't have my weight distributed properly?

Is it that my bindings are to close to the rail.

Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Beaumont, TX

PostPosted: May 30, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe in trien to go big into the flats your goin too fast and not riden up the wake but just kinda goin through it like u were sayin
Krashr31
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 30, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i think i am just plowing thru it. If i let off edge alittle to do an olly edge it does'nt happen, but i lose height and distance that way.

Will loading my tail alittle more help?

Thanx for your input. I'm not doing any more inverts until i get my TS 3's 5's and off-axis spins dialed in.

If anyone else can help, please do.

Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 30, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah put more weight on the tail on your whole approach, you may even be hitting the wake front foot heavy and just not knowing it. I think you can even lean back a little more too like for a scarecrow, just make sure you lead with your hips when you take off. Putting more weight on the tail will help you pop up better like on a hs or ts frontroll. I would take a couple w2w, and when you know you got good pop on one, level out and initiate the spin.
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 30, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..off-axis is a whole different ballgame b/c you are getting kicked off the wake, I haven't been ballsy enough to work on trip flip edges on toeside.
Krashr31
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: May 31, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Jim that sounds bout right.
all2matt
Criminal
Criminal

City: coralville

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way I have been doing my ts hits is to cut real hard progressively then at the dish flatten and push off a little at the top and it seems to take me up and out pretty good. I did notice that when I go for 5's + 3's pulling real hard to my hip at the top seems to help me get more into the flats but then I can't get the handle pass in b/c i spin too fast for my hands to react
Krashr31
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2003 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah all2matt your right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: