Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

any wakeskating.com'ers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobby211

City: tavernier

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: any wakeskating.com'ers? Reply with quote

who?

i have the same name on both
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do I count?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
edrex
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nor*Cal

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flixmaster, no, you're a wakeboarder.com'er when you're over here. Throw a wakeskating.com link in your sig and maybe we'll let it slide.Razz

bobby211, I'm the same both places too. Off topic is more fun over here but there is way more info for us over at ws.com.

flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I;ll update my link footer someday.. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, why do you have a link to this website in your signature? Laughing

Wakeskating.com sucks. Only on that website will you have a thread be hijacked TWICE in the direction of girls and/or their anatomy and TWICE will it be put back on track by teen-aged dudes! Shocked

Laughing

DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Represent! Very Happy
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMM.... updated!!!

I figured that out all by myself....

edrex
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott a, yeah, who the hell thought it would be a good idea to take the discussion away from boobs and get it back on track to whining?? Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing

DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://google.com contains links to all of Ed and Scott a's signatures. Thus I dub my signature, the uber signature.
Nick Taylor
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Anna Maria Island

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really post on wakeskating.com anymore.

I used to be The Captain over there...

`

scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 26, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You used to be? Well, you'll continue to be until you change yo name foo!

DRAGON88, your sig has gratuitous amounts of gayness. Colorful

bobby211

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Taylor, the master schralpler isn't posting anymore Shocked
Nick Taylor
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really any point.

Almost all the people who see me for me (the guys that were on there before I was in the mags), I've met in person and know them off the site as well. All the new kids that are taking over the site look at me in another way that seems to distort my purpose for being there.

I can't offer help over there anymore, it doesn't seem genuine to anyone.

I joined wakeskating.com because I liked how chill and stoked everyone was back in '03. That site is the reason I started wakeskating. After I started skating, it was all I wanted to talk about and wakeskating.com was the perfect place. I met a ton of really cool people (I still wanna get back down to the keys and meet the whole crew) and I've learned a lot from that site. It's got so much to do with why I'm so deep into this lifestyle.

Now, instead of stoke for other wakeskaters being the norm over there, it only comes in anecdotal reminders here and there. I do what I can to keep it positive, but a lot of times it comes back to me as negativity because people who don't know me question how genuine my vibe is.

Wakeskating.com will never again be what it was, but it is what it needs to be...

keep the stoke alive

`nt

ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Russia

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Taylor, don't worry we'll always have a pair of bindings waiting for you here. Laughing

I used to post there but not a ton, probably around the same time.. 2003 or so?? But I barely get enough time to wakeboard so I don't wakeskate that much anyway.
Chad H
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Atlanta

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the same over there as over here. Don't post as often though.
Nick Taylor
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ontrider, The non-wake forum here is refreshingly intelligent, but I still can't see myself doing raleys anytime soon Laughing
senorbueno
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by senorbueno on Feb 27, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
senorbueno
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Taylor, word, I don't wakeboard, but I spend a lot more time reading the nonwake over here. It's entertaining for sure.

I just keep my eyes on wakeskating.com to see what new boards are coming out and what not. Congrats on you guys selling out on the first set of pre-orders by the way... I was pretty lucky and got on the list. Can't wait to get a new deck out here.
edrex
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Taylor wrote:
Wakeskating.com will never again be what it was, but it is what it needs to be...
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It is a pretty harsh vibe over there right now. I've noticed the difference just in the year and a half that I've been on it. Hopefully its just a phase that can be turned around. Maybe just bad winter mojo that will go away sometime soon. Maybe just need to lock argumentitive threads faster so people will figure out there is no point in the stupid arguing for the sake of arguing.
I know the weather is warming and I think about hitting the water every day now! Can't wait til my first trip out in a couple weeks. Cold water be damned, I'm going for it anyway!! Cool

scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it's been a pretty harsh vibe for quite some time now, and I don't see it getting any better any time soon. It's been that way for as long as I can remember, to be honest.

The way I see things there reminds me of this bar that was next to my friend's old house. It was a bar that apparently attracted a ton of gay guys to it. The owner finally got sick and tired of the cleintiele so he just shut it down and sold it. And then it became a sports bar and the same thing happened, and then it was a Mexican place for awhile. But according to the article that I read about it, the same group of people kept coming back to the site no matter what was done to change or improve it. Kind of an interesting read, actually. But that's kind of what wakeskating.com reminds me of, because you can try to change things over there all you want, but in the end you're gonna have to let things just run their course and hopefully people will grow out their antics.

Either that, or I'll have to dust off my wb.com police attire and break out my new taser. Ont, cue the wb.com police graphic, please!

scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Nick, I do believe you are required by law to start a new thread and throw a sh*t fit about how you're leaving and then publicly ask electricsnow to delete your account because you're never EVER coming back. I realize that you're probably just taking a break from the site, but really, this is just a formality.
electricsnow
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: anytown, usa

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott a, get over yourself and the boob thread already! Wink
bobby211

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea even from the amount of time i have been on the site vibes seem to be getting worse over there but i still post there all the time haha
nickl011
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Fargo

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me=Integ_TNT

The whole ERA wakeskate thread was a waste of time and breath. I am still bewildered as to why mods didnt lock that b!tch up. I have notice recently, that a lot of users are posting just for the sake of posting, to up there count. I find it very annoying.

Also, I've noticed a lot of point less thread being drawn up, much like the ones in General wake here ( Rolling Eyes ). People posting Ebay auctions in Classifieds that arent theres also grinds my gears. Your possibly ruining someones auction that you want to keep low, by advertising to God and everyone who have more money than brains.

Nick Taylor
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edrex wrote:
Nick Taylor wrote:
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It is a pretty harsh vibe over there right now. I've noticed the difference just in the year and a half that I've been on it. Hopefully its just a phase that can be turned around. Maybe just bad winter mojo that will go away sometime soon. Maybe just need to lock argumentitive threads faster so people will figure out there is no point in the stupid arguing for the sake of arguing.
I know the weather is warming and I think about hitting the water every day now! Can't wait til my first trip out in a couple weeks. Cold water be damned, I'm going for it anyway!! Cool

Every winter the vibes go down the shitter, but what I was talking about is still an irreversible process. Going all mod-nazi is just going to create backlash against people who totally don't need it.

It used to be that ws.com was my only window into the world of wakeskating. Now that I'm living it every single day, it's more of a way to keep in touch with people I've met through it. It's become less and less about that for me over the last year and it's almost just habit now. I liked some of the discussion on there, but I feel like there is a growing anti-nick taylor sentiment over there. It's slow and hardly noticeable on the surface, but the tides are changing. Just look at who it was fun to hate on in 03-04 and you'll see what I mean.

Oh well.

LFPIMP wrote:
Me=Integ_TNT

I can't believe I never put that one together Mad

`

edrex
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 28, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Taylor wrote:
but I feel like there is a growing anti-nick taylor sentiment over there.

Can you elaborate on that? It seems with the people that like to shoot thier mouth off to feel good about themselves that they would feel even more spectacular directing thier stupidity at a recognizable and somewhat famous person such as yourself. I'm sure its nothing personal, but I'm also sure that doesn't make it easier to deal with.
I always thought it was pretty cool to see the pros posting on that site. I felt like a detective every time I matched a rider to thier screen name. Cool

Nick Taylor
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of a person, they see me as a name.
edrex
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what you gotta do, right? 50 state Meet 'n Greet road trip. Very Happy
(You may only have to do 49 states, I don't know if anyone in Alaska wakeskates)

scott a
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but theres good snow to be had in Alaska Wink
edrex
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18591

nickl011
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Fargo

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Taylor, you are perhaps as great a legend as Thomas or A.Reed. I dont see how some of these kids are anti-nick, but if that is how you feel, all I can say is I have been reading ws.com long before joining and seeing you and parky back then being the butt of every joke, was quite entertaining. Laughing Now as your fame has grown, I witnessed people respecting and looking up to you a little bit more. You, in fact, are one of the only two things that motivated me to start skating. (The other one being weak knees)

I hope things turn out for the best and you decide to come back...for good. I'll be waiting for you.

On a side note, as far as people posting for the sake of upping their post count, I find it a little rediculous for someone who has joined after I, to have over 2k already. I thought I posted alot over their, but I guess not. Confused

WAKEman1

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Nick, i dont think anyone wanted you to leave or is anti-Nick Taylor. I wish i coulda been on the site when it was chill, i joined when everything was getting weird. Most of the people on the forums are good guys (and gals) but there are a couple of people who bewilder me with pointless angry comments. I've met alot of really cool people on the forums, and learned so much, im not ready to give it up yet. If things get any worse, i dunno what ill do. We'll have to wait and see.

Oh, my name on there is WAKEMan1, just like here.
wakeboarderdave1
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: St. Thomas, MO

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFPIMP wrote:

Also, I've noticed a lot of point less thread being drawn up, much like the ones in General wake here ( Rolling Eyes ). People posting Ebay auctions in Classifieds that arent theres also grinds my gears. Your possibly ruining someones auction that you want to keep low, by advertising to God and everyone who have more money than brains.

I honestly didn't mean to rub anyone raw by posting that. I just don't get the fact of collecting those decks, maybe I would understand it if I had the coin to spend on that. I rarely ever post on that site either, more or less just read and hardly post. Hell I got flammed for my sn(same as here) on that site as well.

I'll never forget the post about some kid wanting to buy a flat deck for his first board. A ton of people came on and started throwing out their favorite board at the moment and what not to buy and didn't even bother to read what he wanted. A. Reed came on and squashed all the flat deck/beginner bashing and all of the sudden everyone started proclaiming their love for flats decks.

"When you've got that many stars on your hat, you're pretty good." - Keith Jackson
bobby211

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea there seems to be a few people over there on the site that just love to kill good vibes or feel the need to be a douche for no particular rhyme or reason but whatever

the reason i go on there is to meet and ride with new people, which i have and everyone i've met off there is cool as hell, also to here updates about products, wouldn't be getting a new integ if i didn't Twisted Evil , and i buy, sell, and trade alot over there to try new things
edrex
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Mar 01, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just following the "Where did the Captian Go?" thread I can see why Nick is taking some time off...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: