Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Gainesville, Florida... lookin for good lake+riders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alafiaboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Gaines Hell

PostPosted: Jul 21, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Gainesville, Florida... lookin for good lake+riders Reply with quote

I'm moving up to live with my sister in a house we have by UF. I'm going to start at Sante Fe this semester cause Tampa was boring and USF sucked... Just trying to get some info on any good ridable lakes around the area and see if anybody on here rides out there. Should be gettin a nautique/vlx dependin on who gives me a better deal after i finish a few more payments on my donor cycle.
mneal
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: St. Petersburg

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I the UF has a wakeboarding team and you can ride there. (I forget name of lake where they do intramural sports , it has been a couple years since I was there. (graduated in 99)
alafiaboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh nice, yea my sister is at Uf right now as a junior and my dad graduated in 81' so i guess i might work my way into that school but who knows. I wish i could find one around campus or not too far of a drive and eventually buy a house out on the lake or river dependin on which one and just have my bike to cruise to classes whenever i need to. Gotta be around the water somehow tho Twisted Evil My sister is going to introduce me to all those guys so it shouldnt be too hard to find a pull... i hope
D-Man

City: Gainesville

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Gainesville, we usually go to Santa Fe or Lake Wier. Santa Fe is about 30 minutes away in Melrose, and Lake Wier is in Bellview about an hour and some odd minutes away. We're heading to Ponce Inlet this Friday by Daytona, weather permitting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alafiaboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 23, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been looking into houses on lake santa fe, how is it out there? i should be in gainesville all wed. so i wanna cruise around and check out a few lakes
D-Man

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the lakes nearby are out in that area.... it's a 30 minute drive from Gainesville to Santa Fe, and there are several lakes scattered around there although most of them are VERY low due to the lack of rain. Santa Fe is pretty much the go-to lake for everyone here in Gainesville. During the week it's pretty nice depending on the wind, usually it's nice and glassy especially in the morning.

Saturdays and Sundays are pretty busy, so the waters a little bit choppy from everyone else and you have to deal with everyone else buckin' around on the lake. It depends on what you like though.

The water is fresh and very clean, but it's murky because of the cypress trees so it's brown. The lake is attached to a smaller lake called lil' lake santa fe, sometimes it's sweet in there although most of the time I've gone in there it's worse than the big lake on a busy day.

By Santa Fe Community College (where I go to school as well) there aren't any lakes out in that direction. The only other area out there is the Suwanee river, and it's a very popular spot. A lot of people rip it up out there too. However that's a 30-45 minute drive west of Gainesville (Santa Fe is east in Melrose).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alafiaboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i just registered for classes today, i live like 10 minutes from sfcc in car. Seems like a few gear changes on the donor cycle tho, its nice and close. I dont mind crappy water on weekends and around noon weekdays... i usually do early morning sets, and late evening sets and just tramp it around lunch time or goto class if i feel like it. I looked at the shape of the lake and it looks like i could find glass on one of the sides if theres bad wind. I dont mind the color of the water, I lived on the Alafia down in Riverview outside of tampa and it was some brown sh*t for sure. If you ever have a pull out here and don't mind havin a third or extra, i'll toss down for gas or anything just to check out the lake(s)
D-Man

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool, I'll shoot you a PM next time I know I'm headed to the lake... possibly tomorrow depending on the weather here and in Daytona.
Craig-R

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i got into UF...thought it was too gay to go though, so now im at UM where the true ballaz go
david-d

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in the new york times that the captain of the UF team is a sandbagger
Craig-R

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and a faggot
david-d

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i didn't read it in the new york times, i know firsthand.
Craig-R

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i know he's a flaming homo firsthand...and his indy glides suck ass
david-d

PostPosted: Jul 26, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i hear he gave darin shapiro a BJ

*edit* i didn't hear it, i witnessed it firsthand.
mneal
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: St. Petersburg

PostPosted: Jul 28, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy this went in the toilet quickly. At least the guy who started the thread found one possible pull before you jacka##s jumped in. And you go to Miami.....shocker.
alafiaboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i'm not going to uf... im goin to santa fe, personally, i dont really like UF, but the bars around UF make me like the women and how convenient it is, mainly cause every guy there is a poser which just makes my job of findin girls easier... and im glad miami is where all the "tru ballaz" go, but im still trying to figure out why you're going there craig. and mainly tampa sucked and i own a house in gainesville which means free living, and thanks D-man
D-Man

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, I still haven't gotten a chance to get to the lake so don't think I've been holdin' out on ya! I have a buddy with a lake house out there, and the canal that leads to it from the lake is all muddy now since the level is low, so they've been taking 4-wheelers out there and stuff lately as opposed to the boat.

I'll keep ya posted though, I've just been working on the weekends so.
alafiaboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tru, well i got a jeep so if its a nice little mud spot, i'm down for some destruction. I should be comin up there this week so i can get my classes straightened out and move most my crap up, gotta wait on some new parts for the bike to come in monday and then i'm up for good... I think i'm gonna google earth around gainesville to see if i can find any smaller lakes or lakes close by
alafiaboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bringin it to da top, anybody?
D-Man

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My birthday's coming up on the 25th of September, and we're gonna plan a trip out to the lake more than likely on the weekend of the 30th so I'll keep you posted on that.

Depending on the weather, we're probably going to Ponce Inlet next week either Tuesday or Friday. Although that's not the greatest place to wakeboard since it's choppy... we're still gonna go for it though.
D-Man

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we'll be at santa fe tomrrow, but we wont be early or anything. the wind wont be so great. PM me ur number and i'll check it asap
mmblind10

City: ft laud --> gainesville

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i'm up here in gainesville too.. its honestly been pretty hard to find a pull lately on any lake.. it seems like theres a ton of interest but a lack of good boats or time or something.. I'm definitely good for gas, food, or beer money so next time one of you all head out to the lake and dont mind an extra rider PM me and hopefully we can get in touch if your all good with it.. Thanks a lot
Catch This Wake
Addict
Addict

City: Miami

PostPosted: Jan 05, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat. (No pun intended) I've been living in Gainesville since June and although the Vride that the school owns is really nice... it is a pain in the ass to get out there because of the call in system where they apparently only have like one or two lines and hundreds of people calling. Anybody that wouldn't mind another on their boat plus gas money or whatever else you might want on your boat hit me up. I am a very positive rider and greatful for just about anything.
alafiaboarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow havnt checked up on this, too bad i missed u back in sept. im still up in gville at santa fe. I got class mon-wed-fri for most the day.... tuesday and thurs im out by 9Am and done so those are my days to

tues-drive to winterhaven and ride boat
thurs-drive to o-dub and hit the cables all day.
I am tryin to get a vlx or somethin up here but i havnt made too much progress with the purchase of my bike, buildin a car, and rebuildin my jeep... ha. Once i can sell some of this stuff, ill hopefully get a boat up here.

So if anybody wants to roll out with me on thurs to owc, let me know cuz i wanna start goin every week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Find a Pull All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: