Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

a wakeskate too small

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wakeboy551
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: LaConner, WA

PostPosted: May 27, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: a wakeskate too small Reply with quote

My local board shop let me demo a skate, but they only had the smallest one (107), and i'm a pretty big guy. Will this stilll work ok?

JER

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 28, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it depends how big "big" is. its pretty much one size fits all but you will notice your board will sit a lot lower in the water.
Wakeboy551
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 28, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I tried it today, and I could not get up at all. It would start out alright, but then i would sink a bit and plow water hardcore. I swallowed more water through my nose today, then I have down my throat throughout my whole life. And they just poisoned the lake, so it was even more nasty. Anywho, didn't work too well. I'm gonna see if they have a larger one, the sizes go from 107 to 112, so that is a pretty good jump. But i've never been able to understand how a couple of centimeters or inches helped anyone.....oh well.
chances are i'm probably doing it wrong, so any help would be appreciated

JER

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 29, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well how big is big. ive seen people who were like 6'2'' and weighed 180 maybe a little over and they got up pretty much no problem. if a 112 makes you more comfortable go for that.
Wakeboy551
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 29, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, well I'm around 230#, and i'm not sure if it'll be better or not. Logically it seems so, but if you really think about it, it isn't that much more length. Why was it soooo hard to get up?
Todd Armstrong
Addict
Addict

City: Battle Ground

PostPosted: May 29, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn , 107 is to small for a 230 lbs. Go with the 116 all the way I am 6'2" 195 lbs and I ride the 112 and I feel a little big on it.

www.grizzly-sports.com
Industry Leading Sports Equipment at ROCK BOTTOM prices!
Wakeboy551
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: May 29, 2003 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, alright, guess it does make a big diff (obvously) now i jsut hope she has one that big for me to demo.

thanks man

JER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: