Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

HS/TS 2 Wake Jump - How to get air and pop!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eugeneka
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 26, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: HS/TS 2 Wake Jump - How to get air and pop! Reply with quote

I am a beginner and am starting to learn my 2 wake jump. I find that after I do my progressive edge, I sometimes can fly over 2 wakes but it seems like the boat's speed is pulling me over without much air. I need to know if anyone can offer me a tip on how to get the POP. I heard from someone that you need to hop a bit on the wake but I also heard that you simply cut out, stand tall and coast for a while, get into the ready position and edge in and when your board touch the wake, you simply stand tall and keep the handle tight and close to the waist, then you should get air.

Any tip?
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: May 27, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats right that last bit but dont push off as soon as you hit the wake do it at the peak keep two hands on the handle and you will get across alright
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Otis

PostPosted: May 27, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all about edge, Standing tall as you leave the wake, and once in the air keep the handle close to your hip.
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: May 27, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stay on your edge. people (myself included) always let off the edge before they leave the wake. that takes away all that power you built up on your cut in.
RyanP511

City: Camden SC

PostPosted: May 27, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good thing I try to use on my jumps is on a progressive edge, hence the name, progress your edge further and further until your cutting as hard as you can when you hit the wake so i try to start at (1-10) cutting in low as 1 and at the wake cutting as hard as i can as 10.
wakeboarder_dude22
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Australia

PostPosted: May 28, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how do u keep up your edge when jumping toeside? As soon as I stand tall I lose all my speed.
STPHNSN23

PostPosted: May 28, 2003 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeboarder_dude22 wrote:
So how do u keep up your edge when jumping toeside? As soon as I stand tall I lose all my speed.

most of the time my TS edge is better than my heelside. i just really try to lean against the rope on my cut. that will keep tension in the rope and your board on edge. once you're at the wake stand tall, not straight up, but stand rigidly. the whole thing is to not absorb the impact with the wake with your knees, but use the impact to throw yourself higher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: